Artichoke Spinach Dip
This Artichoke Spinach Dip is a lightened up version of the classic we all love. It's creamy and it has lots of cheesy flavor from my favorite ingredient.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 4 cups fresh spinach , rough chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts , drained, rinsed and chopped (14-15 oz can)
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed (15 oz can)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt , unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Frontier Co-op Organic Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper , optional
- 1 teaspoon salt , more to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (GF if preferred)
Preheat oven to 400 F
Add the beans, yogurt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, red chili pepper, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Scrape down sides if needed. Set aside.
Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add a small splash of water or vegetable broth. Add spinach and cook until it is just wilted (about 2-3 minutes). Add artichoke hearts and bean mixture. Stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and add as needed. Remove from heat.
Pour mixture into an oven-safe serving dish. Top with breadcrumbs and place in oven. Bake for about 10 minutes, until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with crusty bread, crackers or veggie sticks. Top with vegan parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
* If you would like to add a bit more richness to the dip, you can add 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese to the food processor, along with the bean mixture.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 684mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2535IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2.7mg