Artichoke Spinach Dip
This Artichoke Spinach Dip is a lightened up version of the classic we all love. It's creamy and it has lots of cheesy flavor from my favorite ingredient.
- 4 cups fresh spinach , rough chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts , drained, rinsed and chopped (14-15 oz can)
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed (15 oz can)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt , unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Frontier Co-op Organic Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper , optional
- 1 teaspoon salt , more to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (GF if preferred)
Preheat oven to 400 F
Add the beans, yogurt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, red chili pepper, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Scrape down sides if needed. Set aside.
Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add a small splash of water or vegetable broth. Add spinach and cook until it is just wilted (about 2-3 minutes). Add artichoke hearts and bean mixture. Stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and add as needed. Remove from heat.
Pour mixture into an oven-safe serving dish. Top with breadcrumbs and place in oven. Bake for about 10 minutes, until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with crusty bread, crackers or veggie sticks. Top with vegan parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
* If you would like to add a bit more richness to the dip, you can add 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese to the food processor, along with the bean mixture.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 684mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2535IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2.7mg