Start your day off right with this nutrient-packed Acai Smoothie Bowl. It’s light and refreshing, yet completely satisfying.
Thank you, Sambazon for sponsoring this post. We’re loving our Acai Smoothie Bowl mornings!
Now that Grant is in Kindergarten full-time, we need quick, healthy and tasty breakfast recipes to kickstart his day. So we’re back on the smoothie bowl train in the mornings. The good thing is that he really loves them and he looks forward to adding different toppings every day. I keep a variety of fresh greens, fruit, frozen fruit, and acai berry frozen packs so he never gets bored.
If you haven’t tried a smoothie bowl before, you should really give it a shot. It’s like a traditional smoothie, but much creamier & thicker, so you can add lots of fun & healthy toppings, which turns it into a satisfying meal. They are completely customizable and you can make a different one every day.
I’ll never give up regular smoothies because they’re great for on-the-go, but a smoothie bowl is perfect for a quick sit down meal that’s delicious and nutritious.
What is acai?
Acai berries (pronounced ah-sigh-EE) are a superfood packed with antioxidants, omegas, friendly fiber and heart-healthy fats. They have a beautiful dark purple color and grow on the acai palm trees in the Amazon Rainforest of Brazil. They’re known as the king of the superfruit jungle due to their high antioxidant power.
Fresh acai berries have a cocoa berry flavor and they aren’t very sweet on their own. Tasting like a cross between raspberries and dark chocolate. Some people would describe them as slightly bitter. However, adding just a hint of sweetness brings out their rich flavor.
I’m definitely not a newbie because I’ve been buying Sambazon Acai Superfruit Packs for years. Their products are undoubtedly top-quality, healthy and tasty, but what I truly love about Sambazon is the company’s ethics. Since they started back in 1999, they have invested their hearts into preserving millions of acres of the virgin rainforest. They consciously hand-harvest the acai berries with sustainability in mind.
Also, since the beginning, Sambazon has employed locally and they now have over 20,000 community employees working with them. They receive fair wages, work in a safe environment and are treated like family. Creating jobs like this helps these communities to flourish. Sambazon also reinvests 5% of its earnings into the renovation of schools and hospitals in Brazil.
All of Sambazon products are:
- USDA Organic
- Non-GMO Verified
- Ecocert Fair Trade
Acai Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls are a fun, healthy and delicious way to start your morning and will surely put a pep in your step! They are naturally sweetened and just good for you. I love adding Sambazon Superfruit packs for an added boost of taste and nutrition. They are a convenient way to keep yourself on a healthy path. I always have them in the freezer and they are ready to go for those busy mornings.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 Sambazon Acai Superfruit Packs
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Now place it all in your blender and give it a whirl! Now you’ve got yourself a bowlful of yummy goodness!
* Click photo to Pin *
I’d love to hear from you
If you make this Acai Smoothie Bowl, I’d love to hear what you think in the comment section below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Start your day off right with this nutrient-packed Acai Smoothie Bowl. It's light and refreshing, yet completely satisfying.
- 1/2 cup yogurt , non-dairy plain (or unsweetened) (sub 1/4 cup plant-based milk)
- 1 cup pineapple , fresh
- 1 cup blueberries , fresh or frozen
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds or flax seeds
- 2 Sambazon Acai Superfruit Packs (I used unsweetened)
Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender. Place the softer, fresh fruit and yogurt into the blender first. Then break up the banana and acai packs on top. Blend until creamy and smooth. Scrape down sides if needed. The consistency should be a little thicker than a drinking smoothie.
If your blender is having trouble, add some plant-based milk as needed. Starting with 1-2 tablespoons. If it's too thin, just add 1/2 a frozen banana.
* Topping ideas: coconut flakes, sliced strawberries, blueberries, buckwheat groats, granola, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, nut butter, or dried fruit.
* If you only have frozen fruit, you may need more liquid in the recipe (depending on your blender). Start with 2 tablespoons of plant-based milk and add more as needed. Add a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. The milk is in addition to the yogurt so don't omit that.
* If you would like to have a smoothie instead of a smoothie bowl, add 1/2 cup of plant-based milk or coconut water and omit the yogurt. Add more milk as needed.
* If your blender isn't powerful. You may want to defrost the acai packs for a few minutes before adding them. Just until it's a little softer, not thawed. You can run them under water or leave them on the counter for a few minutes.
* Feel free to get creative! Add your favorite fruit, greens, nuts, or seeds to your acai smoothie bowl. Keep the ratios about the same in this recipe and it will be delicious.
* For extra sweetness, add 2-4 Medjool dates to the blender.
* Nutrition is calculated without toppings.
* Recipe yields enough mixture for 2 small bowls or 1 large bowl.