This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This Mulled Apple Cider captures the essence of autumn, combining the sweet-tart flavors of apple cider with a medley of warm aromatic spices. This cozy beverage is perfect for chilly fall mornings or holiday gatherings.
One of the best ways to warm up on a chilly day is with a mug of Mulled Apple Cider. It's comforting, aromatic, and seriously tastes like fall!
This is why it's one of my favorite beverages to make for Thanksgiving. My guests love being greeted with a warm and welcoming beverage. And here's the big bonus – as it simmers, my house is enveloped in a heavenly aroma.
- Apple Cider - Opt for a high-quality, unfiltered apple cider for the best results
- Spices - I used a combination of cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole cloves, whole nutmeg, and whole allspice berries. Feel free to change things up here. You don't need all of them for a warm-spiced flavor. A few cardamom pods are a nice addition too.
- Fruit - I used a combination of orange and apple slices to infuse the cider. You can leave the apple out if you don't want extra apple flavor. Feel free to add variations too such as fresh sliced ginger, fresh cranberries, or pomegranate seeds.
- Sweetener - This is optional. I used maple syrup but you can also use agave, brown sugar, or cane sugar.
How to make Mulled Apple Cider
Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Now reduce heat and gently simmer for 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Serve in mugs garnished with fresh apple and orange slices.
Absolutely! Simply combine all the ingredients in your slow cooker and let it cook on low for 2-3 hours
The depth of flavor from apple cider truly enhances the overall experience. However, apple juice can work in a pinch if that's all you have. I would omit the sweetener though.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and sharing your feedback in the comment section below. It would really make my day!
⭐️ Subscribe to the Vegan Huggs Newsletter and receive weekly recipes straight to your inbox! You'll also receive my FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes.
Mulled Apple Cider
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat (don't boil). Now reduce heat and gently simmer for 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve in mugs garnished with fresh apple and orange slices.