This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is rich, creamy, frothy, and aromatic. It's free of refined sugar, dairy, and processed junk. Nothing but goodness to celebrate fall!
My favorite way to celebrate fall is with pumpkin everything and my main squeeze is this Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte! It's the perfect start to my morning and it keeps me going.
I love the smell of fall spices because they make me feel all warm and cozy inside. Even when it's 80 degrees outside! I live in Arizona, and it doesn't feel like fall here until wintertime.
I'm originally from New York and I grew up with a change of seasons and I do miss it. I love the foliage, the chill in the air, and wearing cute boots and sweaters!
This warm-spiced latte will knock your socks off and you'll never want the Starbucks version again. Up until last year, Starbucks wasn't even putting real pumpkin in their PUMPKIN latte. If you do a quick google search, you'll see all the other nasty ingredients it has. It's not pretty!
This recipe is easy to make and you'll be saving a ton of money by skipping the fancy coffee shop. Oh, and you can make these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies to go with it.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients
- Pumpkin Puree - don't use pumpkin pie filling or the latte will turn out too sweet.
- Pumpkin Spice - if you don't have it, you can use ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg, a pinch of ground cloves, and ⅛ teaspoon of ground ginger. Add more/less to taste.
- Vanilla Extract - it complements the pumpkin flavor really well, but it's optional.
- Soy Milk - I prefer soy milk, but you can use any non-dairy milk such as almond, oat, rice, or coconut.
- Maple Syrup - any sweetener will do here.
- Espresso - you can also use ½ cup of strong-brewed coffee.
- Salt - this is optional but I feel it brings out the flavors of everything
How to make a Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Warm the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, and salt in a small pot over low heat. Stir constantly to combine well and prevent burning.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the soy milk. Whisk for a few minutes until heated throughout.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Place mixture in a blender and blend on high until smooth and frothy.
- Add hot espresso to each mug and pour pumpkin spice mixture on top.
- Vegan whipped cream
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Cinnamon stick
Do I need an espresso machine to make a Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte?
If you don't have an espresso maker, you can make it with ½ cup of strong-brewed coffee. It won't have the same rich taste as a classic latte, but it will still be delicious.
Which non-dairy milk froths up best?
Most will froth up a little, but I prefer soy milk because it gets super frothy. Also, it's much thicker and creamier which makes it heavenly!
If you can't have soy, my second choice would be oat milk which is thick and creamy too. Still want more options? Here's a great guide on the best non-dairy milk for your morning cup of joe.
More vegan pumpkin recipes to enjoy
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and sharing your feedback in the comment section below. It would really make my day! You can also share your remake with me on Instagram. Just tag #veganhuggs and @veganhuggs so I don’t miss it!
⭐️ Subscribe to the Vegan Huggs Newsletter and receive weekly recipes straight to your inbox! You'll also receive my FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice , more if preferred (See note)
- 2 cups soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or preferred sweetener), more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 shots brewed espresso (sub ½ cup strong-brewed coffee)
- Small Pot
- Blender (optional)
- In a small saucepan, warm the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice and salt over low heat. Stir constantly to combine well and prevent burning. About 1-2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the soy milk. Whisk for 3-4 minutes until heated throughout (don't boil). Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Place mixture in a blender and blend on high until smooth. This will make the mixture super frothy, too. If you don't have a blender, you can just whisk the mixture until it's somewhat frothy.
- Add the hot espresso to each mug and pour the pumpkin spice mixture on top.
- *Optional: Top with vegan whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can use ½ teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch each of nutmeg, ground ginger, and ground cloves.
- I prefer soy milk because it froths up really well in the blender.
This was amazing. I loved that it had a strong pumpkin/spice flavor vs. pure sugar. Perfect!
Support @ Vegan Huggs
Hi! We are so glad to hear that you loved it 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!
I love, love the pumpkin spiced latte! It is so creamy and rich. Blending the soy milk mixture created a scrumptious foamy layer! For me , no need for whipped topping. Thank you!
Hi Helen, YAY, I'm so happy you liked it! Thank you for sharing your feedback 🙂