This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – the perfect combination of flavors! Loaded with fall spices, pumpkin puree, and chocolate chips, these bakery-style cookies are packed with flavor and will be ready in 20 minutes or less!
Pumpkin season is still going strong over here and we’re enjoying every minute of it! It’s the best time of year to enjoy comforting food, warm spices and of course, all things PUMPKIN! Adding chocolate only makes things even better!
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are too good not to share, so they are now part of my vegan dessert collection. They are perfect for fall, but you can enjoy them all year round! The inside is soft and tender, while the outside is slightly crispy. They are fabulous with a cold glass of Cashew Milk or a Pumpkin Spice Latte and are great on-the-go!
If you’re not a pumpkin fan, you can still celebrate the season with these Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Muffins instead. They’re warm-spiced, subtly sweet, and filled with apple flavor!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(FULL PRINTABLE INSTRUCTIONS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
- First, whisk all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Then, in a medium bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients to combine well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients and combine well using a spatula. Now fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough on a lined baking tray using a spoon or a Cookie Scoop. Leave about 2 inches of room in between. Bake at 375 °F (190 °C) for 12-14 minutes until the edges are golden and the tops are set. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- For a crispier outside, let the cookies bake for 13-15 minutes (the center will still be soft and cake-like). Watch carefully at this point, so they don’t burn. If your oven runs, hot, you may want to decrease the heat slightly.
- Let the cookies completely cool before eating them. They will be a little soft when they come out of the oven and need time to firm up.
HOW SHOULD I STORE VEGAN PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
You can store them at room temperature for 2-3 days in an airtight container. They will soften a little, so if you want them to have a slight crisp, loosely cover them. They will last longer in the fridge for 4-5 days.
CAN I FREEZE THEM?
YES! They freeze really well for 2-3 months. To freeze, line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper, then place cookies on the sheet in a single layer and place in the freezer. Once frozen, place them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag to maintain optimum freshness. To thaw, leave them on the counter for 10-15 minutes or microwave on low in 10-second intervals.
CAN I MAKE THESE GLUTEN-FREE?
I haven’t tried it yet, but I’d recommend using a gluten-free 1.1 all-purpose flour for the best results.
MORE VEGAN PUMPKIN DESSERTS TO TRY:
- Vegan Pumpkin Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you make these Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, I’d love to hear what you think in the comment section below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil or any neutral-flavored oil (avocado, sunflower, vegetable, etc.)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the Flour, Baking Soda, Pumpkin Spice, and Salt. Whisk to combine well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the Pumpkin, Oil, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, and Vanilla. Whisk to combine well. Now add the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients and combine well using a spatula. Now fold in the chocolate chips. (the dough will have a sticky consistency)
- Place about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough on the baking tray using a spoon or a Cookie Scoop. Leave about 2 inches of room in between.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are golden and the tops are set. To check, lightly tap the top with your finger. The surface should only slightly depress. The outside will appear somewhat soft but will firm up out of the oven.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before enjoying.
Useful Tools To make This Recipe
- Large Baking Sheet