These Vegan Mocha Cheesecake Bites are the perfect healthy treat. They are gluten-free, dairy-free and guilt free.
Sometimes I just need coffee…or chocolate…or cheesecake and sometimes I need all three at once! Can anyone relate? Well, these Vegan Mocha Cheesecake Bites can satisfy those cravings all at once, but in a healthier way.
Last week was one of “those” weeks for me. I made delicious recipes to share, but some weren’t photographing the way I would like. Can you believe that some food isn’t photogenic?
Trust me, these Cheesecake Bites look innocent and cute, but they were so unruly during the shoot. Frozen desserts…plus hot lighting…equals disaster.
I always have a plan before I start shooting, but sometimes it doesn’t turn out the way I imagined it. With frozen desserts, I have to act quickly to change the setup and sometimes, I’m not quick enough.
Anyway, I was able to get a few shots in before they quit on me. My shoot officially ended when my light bounce fell on top of them and whipped cream splatted everywhere. Fun!
You won’t find any processed junk in these babies…they are made up of cashews, coconut milk, almonds, dates, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, cacao powder and espresso powder.
They won’t make your tummy hurt from the dairy and processed sugars found in most standard treats. Also, you’ll be giving your body a healthy dose of protein, fiber, vitamins & minerals. You can enjoy them and feel guilt-free.
The base layer is a chocolate-almond crust, which is held together by naturally sweet dates. It has the perfect chocolate flavor with a slight almond-y crunch.
Next up, is the vanilla layer. It’s soft, creamy, sweet & velvety. It tastes so much better than dairy-based treats. The creaminess comes from cashews and coconut cream. They work magic together!
The topping is a decadent mocha layer. It’s rich, chocolate-y and has the perfect hint of coffee flavor. The aroma alone will give you an instant pick-me-up.
These heavenly bites are perfect just the way they are, but if you would like to dress them up, you can add dairy-free whipped cream and dust them with cacao powder.
So, are you ready to indulge in these Vegan Mocha Cheesecake Bites, but not feel like you overindulged?
Let’s do this!
I’d love to hear from you
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think in the comment section below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Vegan Mocha Cheesecake Bites
Chocolate Almond Crust:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup dates , pitted (*see note)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- A pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Process until if forms a loose dough. Press between your fingers to make sure it sticks together. Add more dates or nuts for the needed consistency.
- Line a muffin pan with standard-size liners. Put about 1 heaping tablespoon of crust at the bottom of each liner. Press firmly down. (*see note) Pop in freezer while you make the filling
Vanilla Cheesecake Base:
- Drain & rinse cashews. Discard soaking water.
- Combine all ingredients (except raw cacao powder & espresso powder) in a blender or food processor. Blend until really creamy and smooth.
- Place 2 1/2 tablespoons of mixture on top of crust (for 10 cheesecake bites) Pop back in freezer for about 20 minutes, to firm up the layer a bit.
- Place the raw cacao powder and espresso powder into the remaining filling. Blend until creamy and smooth. Pour about 2 1/2 tablespoons of filling on top of the vanilla layer. (approximate measurement for 10 cheesecake bites) Freeze for 4-6 hours. Thaw 3-5 minutes before enjoying. Store in airtight container in the freezer.
- Top with some homemade or store-bought whipped cream. Enjoy!
If you’d like to see more cheesecake bites, you might be interested in these Cherry-Coconut Cheesecake Bites. They’re bursting with mouth-watering flavor and have the perfect balance of sweet & tart.