This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
You’d never know this Chocolate Avocado Mousse is actually healthy for you. It’s naturally sweet, chocolatey, rich, creamy & loaded with nutrients.
Yep, you’ve read that right…this Chocolate Avocado Mousse is good for you! It’s a nutrient-packed treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth, while nourishing your body. Also, it’s topped with homemade Coconut Whipped Cream that makes it out-of-this-world delicious!
I’m a big dessert lover and I tend to have something sweet on a daily basis, so I try to make them as healthy as possible, so I can feel good about eating them. I make these Mocha Cheesecake Bites and these Peanut Butter Cups all the time. There’s no refined sugar or heavily processed ingredients in them – just pure and natural goodness.
What’s in this Chocolate Avocado Mousse?
Avocados aren’t just for guacamole, they are perfect for desserts, too. Their flavor isn’t overpowering and they create a creamy, thick and velvety texture. You won’t taste them at all, I promise.
The raw cacao makes that green disappear and makes it taste rich and chocolatey. Raw cacao powder is what real chocolate tastes like and can be quite bitter. However, with the right amount of natural sweetener, it turns into pure, chocolatey heaven!
The natural sweetness comes from medjool dates and pure maple syrup and that’s it. For extra creaminess, I added full-fat coconut milk, but you can use any plant-based milk. I topped the mousse with fresh coconut whipped cream, but this mousse is definitely delicious alone, too.
What makes it healthy?
Raw cacao contains many important vitamins and minerals including: magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, copper, potassium, manganese & lots of B vitamins. It’s also rich in antioxidants, heart-healthy fat and friendly fiber. What’s not to love about this stuff…it’s truly nature’s gift!
Let’s not leave those deliciously sweet dates out, because they have lots of nutrition, too. Dates have a great source of fiber, potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, and vitamin B6. I also eat them with almond butter, for an energizing and nutritious snack. So much better than processed snacks.
Avocados are high in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium & folic acid. They’re rich in heart-healthy fats and incredibly delicious, too! I slice them on toast all the time and drizzle olive oil on top. It’s so good!
So here it is…an easy, fun & deliciously healthy mousse recipe.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (chill can in fridge over night)
- 2-3 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth & creamy. Scrape down sides, as needed. The consistency should be mousse-like…if it’s too thick, add a little more milk. Taste for sweetness and add more as needed.
Coconut Whipped Cream Method:
- You will need a large bowl and hand beaters or a stand mixer. Chill bowl and beaters in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Turn can upside down and open the bottom end. Pour out liquid and save for another recipe. Scoop out the solidified coconut and place in chilled bowl.
- Whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes, until it's fluffy and light. Mix in sweetener, salt and vanilla, whip for another minute.
- Place mousse into your favorite dessert glass or bowl. Top with a layer of coconut whip.
If you make this Chocolate Avocado Mousse, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me, Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs.
*If you’d like to pin for later 🙂