This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Blood Orange Margaritas ~ made with fresh-squeezed citrus, agave nectar & your favorite tequila. So simple & refreshing!
Hey guys, it’s Friday, and it’s Cinco de Mayo! How about Blood Orange Margaritas to celebrate?
Just 4 ingredients and this crimson-colored cocktail can be yours.
Not a tequila fan? No problem! You can make this refreshing beverage into the tastiest mocktail ever.
We usually have taco night on Tuesday (doesn’t everyone?), and pizza night on Friday, but this Friday night we are shaking down the house with my Spicy Vegan Nacho Cheese, my Lentil Mushroom Tacos w/ Mango Salsa and these fresh-tasting Blood Orange Margaritas.
My local grocer was completely stocked with blood oranges, so I had to buy a bunch. They taste similar to a navel orange, except they have a berry-like overtone. They are less acidic and more robust in flavor too. The crimson-colored flesh is just gorgeous!
– Just juice the oranges and strain pulp.
– pour juice, lime juice, agave and tequila in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake, shake, shake!
– Rim a glass with salt, fill up with ice.
– Strain mixture in glass and enjoy!
I’d love to hear from you
If you make these Blood Orange Margaritas, I’d love to get your feedback. You can leave a comment below and let me know what you think. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram, and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Blood Orange Margaritas
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed blood orange juice, strain to remove pulp (about 4 med oranges)
- 1/3 cup silver tequila , more if preferred
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 med lime)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (sub pure maple syrup)
- Ice cubes
- Pink Himalayan salt, for rim of glass (or any salt)
- Lime or orange wedge
- Sprig of mint or basil
- Spread a bit of salt on a small plate. Rub the rim of each glass with a lime or orange wedge. Dip the rim into the salt at a 45 degree angle and turn gently, until glass is coated (this avoids too much salt going into the glass). Fill each glass with ice and set aside.
- Fill a large cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in orange juice, lime juice, agave and tequila. Shake for 30-60 seconds to chill and combine. Taste before pouring into glasses. Add more juice, agave or tequila if needed. Strain into prepped cocktail glasses and garnish with a lime or orange wedge (or both). Enjoy!