This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
These Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats are like a slice of your favorite pie in a jar, but an entirely guilt-free way to enjoy it for breakfast. Besides being downright delicious, they are simple, satisfying, and perfect for busy mornings.
There's nothing quite like embracing the flavors of fall and these Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats are a perfect morning indulgence, capturing the essence of autumn in a jar. Easy, affordable, and bursting with the warmth of pumpkin pie, they're the ideal way to kickstart your day.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Effortless Mornings: You can simply prep them the night before and wake up to a ready-to-eat meal.
- Kid-Friendly: The irresistible pumpkin pie flavors will have them hooked!
- Customizable: Whether you're a fan of extra spice, a dash of nuts, or coconut whipped topping, these oats are the perfect canvas for your creativity.
Ingredients and Common Replacements
Here's what you need to make these scrumptious oats, along with some possible substitutions:
- Rolled Oats: If you're gluten-sensitive, go for certified gluten-free oats.
- Non-Dairy Milk: Use almond, rice, coconut, soy, or oat milk, depending on your preference.
- Pumpkin Puree: Sweet potato or butternut squash puree can be excellent alternatives if you don't have pumpkin on hand. The flavor will differ but it'll still be delish. Make sure the puree is smooth.
- Maple Syrup: Agave nectar, coconut sugar, or brown sugar will also work.
- Pumpkin Spice: If you don't have it, create your own by mixing ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, and a pinch each of nutmeg, and cloves.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Making overnight oats is a breeze. Here's how to do it:
- Add all the ingredients to a 14-16-ounce jar.
- Cover the jar with a lid and shake or stir really well to combine.
- Place it in the fridge for at least 6 hours or, ideally, overnight.
Variations + Topping Ideas
- Crunch: Top your oats with chopped pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, or almonds for an extra crunch.
- Fruit: Add slices of banana, diced apples, or raisins for a fruity twist. The sweetness and freshness complement the spiciness of the oats perfectly.
- Chocolate: A sprinkle of chocolate chips or cocoa powder can turn your oats into a dessert-like treat.
- Protein Power: Stir in a scoop of your favorite protein powder or a tablespoon of nut butter.
These oats can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Make a big batch and you'll have a quick and nutritious breakfast ready whenever you need it. Just give them a good stir before digging in to ensure that perfect consistency.
Frequently asked questions
Overnight oats are meant to be enjoyed cold. Instead of cooking the oats, they are left to soak in the fridge overnight, allowing them to absorb the milk along with the chia seeds. If you prefer a warm variation, you can gently heat them in the microwave or stovetop before enjoying.
Canned pumpkin puree is more consistent, but homemade can be used if you prefer it. Just make sure it's smooth.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and sharing your feedback in the comment section below. It would really make my day!
⭐️ Subscribe to the Vegan Huggs Newsletter and receive weekly recipes straight to your inbox! You'll also receive my FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes.
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- 1 14-16-ounce Jar
- Add all the ingredients to a 14-16-ounce jar. Cover the jar with a lid and shake or stir really well to combine.
- Place covered in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.