These Roasted Breakfast Potatoes are full of smoky flavor and require very little effort to make. Everything is roasted all in one pan and done in 30 minutes or less!
I love making a hearty breakfast on the weekends but I hate all the mess it can sometimes create, so I try to keep things easy. These Breakfast potatoes are hands-free once you chop everything up. Plus, I use parchment paper to line the baking sheet which keeps it mess-free, too!
This makes it less stressful and you can concentrate on other things on the stove and maybe sip on a mimosa. The ingredients are super simple and you probably have them in your kitchen already.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR ROASTED BREAKFAST POTATOES?
(full ingredient amount in the recipe card below)
Potatoes (I used gold but any variety will work)
Red bell pepper
Poblano pepper (sub green bell)
Grapeseed oil (or any high smoke point oil)
Smoked paprika (sub regular)
Salt and pepper
Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste. You can add things like cumin powder, coriander, or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper for extra heat.
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C). Line a Large Rimmed Baking Sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Now cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces that are about 1/2-inch thick. Keep them roughly about the same size for even cooking. You don’t have to peel the potatoes.
- Dice the onions and peppers into larger 3/4-inch pieces because they will shrink down during roasting (unless you want smaller pieces). Now place the onion, peppers, and potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the potatoes, onions, and peppers with grapeseed oil. Season with chili powder, garlic, smoked paprika, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Combine everything together until all ingredients are well coated and evenly spread in one layer. Bake for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. Stir every 10 minutes for even cooking.
- If you would like to crisp the potatoes slightly, broil them in the last 5 minutes. Keep a close eye on them to prevent burning. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Serve immediately.
WHAT TOPPINGS CAN I ADD TO ROASTED BREAKFAST POTATOES?
Well, they are perfectly flavorful as is, but if you’d like to add more fun, here are more ideas:
- Fresh cut greens like Parsley, Cilantro or Green Onion.
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Lemon or Lime Juice
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH BREAKFAST POTATOES?
CAN I FREEZE ROASTED POTATOES?
They are much tastier in their fresh state, but they can be frozen. Just completely cool before transferring them to an airtight container or Ziploc. You will need to thaw first before reheating.
Alternatively, you can freeze them in one layer on a baking sheet before transferring them to a container. This way they won’t stick together and you can take out only what you need. You won’t need to thaw at this point because they will spread out easily on the baking sheet.
Reheat them in a preheated oven at 400° F (220° C) until crispy and heated throughout. Drizzle more oil and more seasoning if needed.
LOOKING FOR MORE POTATO RECIPES? HERE ARE MORE YOU MIGHT LIKE:
I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds gold potatoes (about 6 large), cut into bite-sized pieces 1/2" thick. *See note
- 1 medium red onion , diced large (about 3/4")
- 1 large red bell pepper , diced large (about 3/4")
- 1 large poblano pepper , diced large (about 3/4") - sub green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or any high smoke point oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt , more to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C). Line a Large Rimmed Baking Sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the onion, peppers, and potatoes on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with chili powder, garlic, smoked paprika, onion, salt and pepper.
- Combine everything together until all ingredients are well coated. Evenly spread in one layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. Stir every 10 minutes for even cooking. *If you would like to crisp them slightly, broil them the last 5 minutes. Keep a close eye on them to prevent burning. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Serve immediately.
Useful Tools To make This Recipe