This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
You'll never buy store-bought again after you try this homemade Vegan Granola Recipe. It's lightly sweetened and the crunchy clusters are loaded with oats, nuts, dried fruit, and warm cinnamon. Plus, it's so easy to make - just combine the 8 ingredients together and bake it to golden perfection!
This Vegan Granola is deliciously addictive and it's perfect for breakfast, a healthy dessert, or on-the-go-snacking! It's easy to customize and you can make it nut-free so your kiddos can take it to school. It makes a great topping for these Vegan Protein Muffins too.
This recipe is from the Truly Healthy Vegan Cookbook By Dianne Wenz of Dianne's Vegan Kitchen and it's a new family favorite. The book is divided into 10 chapters and contains 90 whole-food recipes that are made with everyday ingredients.
Inside, you'll find recipes such as Spinach-Mushroom Frittata, Peanutty Thai Salad, Vegetable Curry, Cheesy Broccoli Soup, Sweet Potato Falafel Pitas, Eggplant Marsala, Key Lime Bars and so much more!
- Maple Syrup - you can also use agave if that's what you have on hand.
- Almond Butter - any type of nut or seed butter will work here.
- Cinnamon - adds a bit of warmth and smells heavenly.
- Rolled Oats - don't use quick-cooking oats.
- Raw Almonds - feel free to use any type of nut or seed here.
- Dried Cherries - you can also use raisins, dried cranberries, goji berries, or mulberries.
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
How to make Vegan Granola
This granola will come together in a cinch. To prep, preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Here's how to do the rest:
- Whisk together the maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the rolled oats and almonds in a large bowl.
- Add the wet mixture into the bowl of dry and combine well.
- Spread the mixture out evenly onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown (about 20-25 minutes). Stir at the 10-minute mark.
To finish, remove the granola from the oven and mix in the dried cherries. The granola will be soft, but it will crisp as it cools. Allow it to cool completely before eating or storing it.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tops tips to make the tastiest vegan granola ever!
- For larger clusters, make sure to press down the granola with a spatula after you've stirred it at the mid-way mark. Also, wait until the granola completely cools before adding the cherries.
- For nut-free granola, replace the almonds and almond butter, with your favorite seeds and seed butter.
- To keep it gluten-free, make sure to purchase certified gluten-free rolled oats.
Ways to use granola
There are so many ways to enjoy this vegan granola. Here are a few ideas:
- Cereal - add it to a bowl and pour in your favorite plant-based milk.
- Snack - bring it anywhere on the go to keep you satisfied between meals.
- Topping - add it to muffins, salad, parfaits, ice cream, and more.
Granola will stay fresh in an airtight container for a few weeks, but you can also store it in the fridge to make it last for an additional 1-2 weeks.
Granola will stay fresh in the freezer for 3-4 months if it's properly stored in an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw it out for 10-20 minutes before serving.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes to Enjoy
I love to hear from you
If you make this Vegan Granola recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Vegan Granola with Cherries and Almonds
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats and almonds. Add the maple syrup mixture to the bowl and stir to coat well.
- Spread the mixture out evenly onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring the mixture at the 10-minute mark. The granola is done when the oats are golden brown, and when the almonds look toasted. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the granola from the oven and mix in the dried cherries. The granola will be soft, but it will crisp as it cools. Allow it to cool completely before eating or storing.