This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
You’ll never buy store-bought again after you try this homemade Vegan Granola Recipe. It’s lightly sweetened and the crunchy clusters are loaded with oats, nuts, dried fruit, and warm cinnamon. Plus, it’s so easy to make – just combine the 8 ingredients together and bake it into golden perfection!
This Vegan Granola is deliciously addictive and it’s perfect for breakfast, a healthy dessert or on-the-go-snacking! It’s easy to customize and you can make it nut-free so your kiddos can take it to school. It makes a great topping for these Vegan Protein Muffins too.
This recipe is from the Truly Healthy Vegan Cookbook By Dianne Wenz of Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen and it’s a new family favorite. On top of running a very successful food blog, she’s also a certified health coach and plant-based nutritionist. She knows her stuff!
The book is divided into 10 chapters and contains 90 whole-food recipes that are made with everyday ingredients. You won’t need anything fancy and the first chapter is filled with detailed information to help you get started.
Dianne’s recipes are easy to follow and require very little prep time. This will make cooking a breeze and help you stay on track. The recipes may be simple, but they are filled with mouth-watering flavor! Dianne really knows how to use fresh ingredients and seasonings to keep your tastebuds happy!
Inside, you’ll find recipes such as Spinach-Mushroom Frittata, Peanutty Thai Salad, Vegetable Curry, Cheesy Broccoli Soup, Sweet Potato Falafel Pitas, Eggplant Marsala, Key Lime Bars and so much more!
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE VEGAN GRANOLA?
(FULL AMOUNTS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
The ingredient list is short and simple! You’ll need Maple Syrup, Almond Butter, Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, Sea Salt, Rolled Oats, Raw Almonds, and Dried Cherries. That’s it – just 8 ingredients!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN GRANOLA
To prep, preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1 – Whisk together the maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt in a medium bowl.
- 2 – Combine the rolled oats and almonds in a large bowl.
- 3 – Add the wet mixture into the bowl of dry and combine well.
- 4 – Spread the mixture out evenly onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown (about 20-25 minutes). Stir at the 10-minute mark.
To finish, remove the granola from the oven and mix in the dried cherries. The granola will be soft, but it will crisp as it cools. Allow it to cool completely before eating or storing.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- For larger clusters, make sure to press down the granola with a spatula after you’ve stirred it at the mid-way mark. Also, wait until the granola completely cools before adding the cherries.
- For nut-free granola, replace the almonds and almond butter, with your favorite seeds and seed butter.
- To keep it gluten-free, make sure to purchase certified gluten-free rolled oats.
- Instead of dried cherries, you can use raisins, dried cranberries, goji berries, or mulberries.
HOW TO USE VEGAN GRANOLA
- Cereal – add it to a bowl and pour in your favorite plant-based milk.
- Snack – bring it anywhere on-the-go to keep you satisfied between meals.
- Topping – add it to muffins, salad, parfaits, ice cream and more.
HOW LONG WILL HOMEMADE GRANOLA LAST?
The granola will stay fresh in an airtight container for a few weeks, but you can also store it in the fridge to make it last for an additional 1-2 weeks.
CAN I FREEZE IT?
YES! It’ll stay fresh for 3-4 months if it’s properly stored in an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw it out for 10-20 minutes before serving.
MORE VEGAN BREAKFAST RECIPES TO ENJOY:
I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you make this Vegan Granola recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Cherry and Almond Baked Granola
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats and almonds. Add the maple syrup mixture to the bowl and stir to coat well.
- Spread the mixture out evenly onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring the mixture at the 10-minute mark. The granola is done when the oats are golden brown, and when the almonds look toasted. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the granola from the oven and mix in the dried cherries. The granola will be soft, but it will crisp as it cools. Allow it to cool completely before eating or storing.
Useful Tools To make This Recipe
- Baking Sheet