This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Tired of boring oatmeal for breakfast? Why not start your mornings off with this quick & easy Healthy Fruit Pizza?
School days are in full effect around here, so it’s time for fast, tasty and nutritious meals for busy mornings. This Healthy Fruit Pizza has become a breakfast favorite and it powers us until lunchtime.
One slice will seriously fill you up and leave you satisfied. However, there’s nothing wrong with sneaking in another slice before you go out the door. I do it all the time!
3 layers of deliciousness
The first layer starts with a baked oatmeal crust. It’s sweetened with pure maple syrup with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon flavor. It’s tender and moist, but still sturdy enough for the delicious toppings. Besides the tastiness, it’s filled with friendly fiber, protein, and minerals.
The next dreamy layer is homemade coconut whipped cream. It’s light, refreshing and subtly sweet. Also, it makes the perfect pillow to nestle your fruit on. Feel free to use store-bought coconut whip or non-dairy yogurt.
The last layer is the fun part. Just load up your pizza with your favorite fruit and enjoy! You can create a cool design or just serve the fruit on the table and let them pick their own toppings.
Easy to make
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Bake the oatmeal crust for 10-12 minutes and let it cool. This can be done the night before to save some time. Just keep it covered on the counter and it’ll ready to go in the morning.
- Make your coconut whipped cream. This can also be made the night before. Also, feel free to use store-bought to make it even faster. * This will change the nutritional information.
- Slice up your fruit and have fun! Load it up and enjoy!
If you want to save even more time, you can make and assemble the whole pizza the night before and pop it in the fridge (covered). The crust will have a chill to it, but it will still be really tasty. Just make sure the fruit you use isn’t overly juicy. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
You don’t have to reserve this Healthy Fruit Pizza for breakfast, it makes a healthy and fun dessert too! Add some vegan chocolate chips or chocolate sauce and it’s a whole other experience.
So, are you ready to put some fun in your mornings again? Let’s do this!
I’d love to hear from you
If you make this Healthy Fruit Pizza, I’d love to hear what you think in the comment section below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Healthy Fruit Pizza w/ Fresh Coconut Whipped Cream
- 2 flax eggs (mix together 2 tablespoons ground flax seed + 5 tablespoons water) *See note
- 1/3 cup apple sauce , unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Your favorite assorted fruit. I used 2 kiwis , less than 1/4 cup each of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 14- oz can coconut milk , full-fat (chill can in fridge over night)
- 3-4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare flax eggs in a medium bowl and set aside, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add rolled oats, salt, cinnamon. Combine well.
- Add the applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the medium bowl of prepared flax eggs. Whisk to combine well.
- Now add the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Evenly distribute the oat mixture on the bottom of the pan and press down firmly. Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes. Then remove from pan and let the crust completely cool on a cooling rack.
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- You will need a tall bowl and hand beaters or a stand mixer. Chill bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Turn chilled can upside down and open the bottom end. Pour out liquid and save for another recipe. Scoop out the solidified coconut and place in chilled bowl (*see note)
- Whip the coconut cream for 2 -3 minutes until it's fluffy and light. Add the sugar, salt and vanilla and whip for another minute. Place in fridge if not using right away.
To Assemble Fruit Pizza:
- Layer on the coconut cream and load it up with your favorite fruit. You can make a design if you'd like. * Another option: Cut the pie into individual slices with just the coconut cream and serve with the fruit on the table. That way everyone can pick their favorite combination. Enjoy