This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This Chunky Monkey Smoothie will power your day in the most delicious way! You’ll feel like you’re having dessert for breakfast! It’s creamy, chocolatey and nutritious! It requires five ingredients and whips up in minutes!
If you’re a big fan of chocolate, banana and peanut butter together, you’re going to love this Chunky Monkey Smoothie! It’s one of my favorite flavor combinations so I make it often. It keeps me going when I don’t have time to sit down and eat.
There’s no added sugar and all the sweetness comes from a ripened banana. So, yes, this smoothie is good for you and you can enjoy it guilt-free!
WHAT’S IN A CHUNKY MONKEY SMOOTHIE?
HOW TO MAKE A CHUNKY MONKEY SMOOTHIE?
Add coconut milk, peanut butter, cacao powder, banana and chia seeds to a High-Speed Blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth, using the tamper as needed. Taste for flavor and adjust if needed. If the consistency is too thick, add a few splashes of milk or if it’s too thin, add more frozen banana. Pour into your favorite glass and serve.
- Rolled Oats
- Hemp Seeds
- Protein Powder
Toppings aren’t necessary, but are fun and delicious! Here are some ideas:
- Swirled peanut butter
- Banana coins
- Chocolate shavings
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut flakes
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SMOOTHIE:
- If you freeze your own bananas, make sure they are nicely ripened beforehand. Otherwise, they won’t provide much sweetness to the smoothie.
- You can use a small handful of ice to make the smoothie colder, but don’t add too much or it will water down the flavors.
- This smoothie is naturally sweetened with ripened bananas, but if you’d like a touch more sweetness, you can blend in a few Medjool Dates to take it up a notch.
- If you don’t have cacao powder, you can substitute it with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Chia seeds can be swapped out for flax seeds.
- Add-ins are a great way to power up your smoothie, but if you add too much, you can end up with an undesired texture. I would pick one additional ingredient so you don’t ruin your delicious smoothie. Add more non-dairy milk as needed.
MORE DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE RECIPES:
And here are 15 more Creative Vegan Smoothie Recipes to make your mornings fun!
I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you make this Chunky Monkey Smoothie, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blend on high until smooth & creamy. The consistency should be thick.
- The consistency should be thick, but if it's too thick, add a few splashes of milk. If it's too thin, add more frozen banana. Pour into your favorite glass and serve. Enjoy!
Useful Tools To make This Recipe