Vegan Eggs Benedict - reminiscent of a classic! Made with buttery English muffins that are piled-high with vegan ham, fried tofu eggs, and the creamiest hollandaise sauce you'll ever have! Plus, it'll be on your table in just 30 minutes or less.
Are you ready for the best breakfast ever? This veganized recipe is now part of my breakfast collection and ready for you to enjoy too. Now, you don't have to reserve this just for breakfast, it makes a delicious brunch or lunch meal too.
A classic eggs benedict recipe is made with poached eggs and the hollandaise sauce is primarily made with egg yolks and butter. That's a lot of eggs! This Vegan Eggs Benedict is obviously egg-free but you won't be missing anything. All the flavors are there and the ingredients are simple!
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE VEGAN EGGS BENEDICT?
(FULL AMOUNTS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
For the Vegan Hollandaise Sauce, you'll need Cashews, Soy Milk, Lemon Juice, Dijon Mustard, Salt, Granulated Garlic, Kala Namak (black salt), Granulated Onion, Turmeric, Smoked Paprika, and Tabasco Sauce. That's it!
For the Tofu Eggs, you'll need Tofu, Oil, Granulated Garlic, Granulated Onion, Salt and Pepper.
To Assemble, you'll need Vegan Ham, English Muffins, Tomato, and Dill (or chives, green onion or arugula)
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
First, you'll need to prep the cashews by soaking them in very hot water for 15-20 minutes (covered). Drain and rinse, then discard soaking water.
- 1 - Place soaked cashews in a blender along with the soy milk, dijon mustard, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, onion, sea salt, and black salt.
- 2 - Blend on high until very smooth. Taste for seasoning and add more as needed.
- 3 - You can set the sauce aside or gently warm in a small pot on low heat. Stir often to prevent burning.
HOW TO MAKE TOFU EGG PATTIES
First, you'll need to press the tofu for 20-30 minutes unless you are using Pre-Pressed Tofu.
- 1 - Cut the tofu into four ¼ - ½-inch slices.
- 2 - Make circles of each slice by using a glass or cookie cutter.
- 3 - Sprinkle the tofu with garlic, onion, salt, and pepper on each side.
- 4 - Fry tofu for 2-3 minutes on each side in oil over medium heat until lightly golden and crispy.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE VEGAN EGGS BENEDICT
- Lightly pan-fry the vegan ham or just leave it as is.
- Toast the English muffins and spread with butter if preferred.
- Top a slice of tomato on the muffin, then ham, then the tofu egg.
- Pour the hollandaise sauce on top.
- Garnish with preferred greens and serve.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Soy milk makes the sauce rich, thick and creamy, but any unsweetened non-dairy milk will work. If you use a thinner milk, you may want to increase the cashews to ½ cup. You can always add more milk if it's too thick after blending.
- Black salt adds an 'eggy' smell and flavor to the dish. I highly recommend trying it at least once. It's really easy to overdo, so remember that a little goes a long way. I use ¼ teaspoon and use sea salt if I need more seasoning. If you're not into 'eggy' flavor, you can just use all sea salt instead.
- I lightly seasoned the tofu to keep it close to the classic recipe. However, feel free to amp it up to your liking. You can add a sprinkle of smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast, black salt, etc.
- For a richer sauce, add a teaspoon of vegan butter to a small pot on low heat. When melted, pour in the sauce and whisk until smooth.
WHAT GOES WITH VEGAN EGGS BENEDICT?
It's very filling on its own, but it goes nicely with Roasted Breakfast Potatoes, Sliced Tomatoes, Fruit, Sliced Avocado, Grilled Asparagus, Spinach, Broccoli, Collard Greens, Bok Choy or Avocado Toast.
- Tabasco sauce
- Smoked paprika
- Red Chili Flakes
- Fresh-Cracked Pepper
- Chipotle Sauce
MORE VEGAN BREAKFAST RECIPES TO ENJOY:
I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you make this Vegan Eggs Benedict recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Vegan Eggs Benedict
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup soy milk , unsweetened (see note)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , more to taste
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard , more to taste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt , more to taste
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon granulated onion
- ¼ teaspoon kala namak (black salt) (optional) *See note
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 dashes tabasco sauce *optional
- 4 slices vegan ham or turkey
- 2 English muffins (sub with bread of choice)
- 1 large tomato , cut into 4 slices (*optional)
- Dill, chives, green onion, arugula, parsley or your favorite greens for topping.
- Vegan Butter (optional)
- To prep, boil water in a small pot and remove from heat. Add cashews and cover for 15-20 minutes. Drain and rinse the cashews and discard soaking water. Place them in a high-powered blender along with the soy milk, lemon juice, tabasco, paprika, garlic, onion, sea salt, and black salt. Blend on high until very smooth. Taste for seasoning and add more as needed. If it's too thick for your taste, add a few splashes of milk or water.
- At this point, you can set the sauce aside until ready to use or gently warm in a small pot on med-low heat. Watch carefully and stir often to prevent burning.
- Place the tofu on its side and cut into four ¼ - ½-inch slices. Cut each slice into a circle using a glass or cookie cutter (you can save the scraps for tofu crumbles). You can also cut the tofu into squares instead - just make sure it fits the muffins or bread you've chosen.
- Sprinkle the tofu with garlic, onion, salt, and pepper on each side.
- Heat up a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Now add the oil and wait until it's heated and shimmers. Now add the tofu slices, leaving space in between each one. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly golden and crispy.
- If preferred, you can lightly pan-fry the vegan ham or just leave it as is. Lightly toast the English muffins and spread with butter if preferred. Top a slice of tomato on the muffin, then ham, then the tofu egg. Now pour the hollandaise sauce on top and garnish with preferred greens. Serve immediately. Enjoy!