This Apple Pie Smoothie will make your morning complete! It’s reminiscent of apple pie but much better for you! It takes less than 10 minutes and requires simple and wholesome ingredients! Just blend and enjoy!
Nothing replaces classic apple pie, but let’s be real, we can’t have it every day! Well, we can, but it’s not a good idea. However, you can enjoy all the flavors in a much healthier way. AND, you can have it every single day!
This Apple Pie Smoothie makes the perfect breakfast, snack or healthy dessert, and the kiddos will love it, too! It’s creamy, warm-spiced, and totally applelicious!
Plus, It’s perfect for those busy mornings. You can head off to work feeling energized and satisfied. So, if you want a refreshing and flavorful smoothie to start your day, you may want to give this recipe a try!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR AN APPLE PIE SMOOTHIE:
(FULL AMOUNTS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
- Plant-based milk
- Medjool dates
- Almond butter
- Ground nutmeg
- Sea salt
- Ice cubes
HOW TO MAKE AN APPLE PIE SMOOTHIE
This apple smoothie is SO easy to make! Just add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend on high until completely smooth. Add more liquid if needed.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Freeze the chopped apples for a super cold and thick smoothie. It’s best to freeze them on a tray first before transferring them to a freezer bag so they won’t clump together.
- For a thicker smoothie, use 1/4 cup less milk. Add as needed if it’s too thick.
- Instead of almond butter, you can use cashew, walnut, sunflower seed, or macadamia butter. Peanut butter works, but the flavor really comes through.
- Instead of flaxseeds, you can use chia or hemp seeds.
- If you don’t have medjool dates, you can use deglet dates, but just add a few more because they are smaller.
- Vanilla extract
- Rolled oats
- Non-dairy yogurt
- Plant-based protein powder
- Maple syrup
- Ground ginger (just a pinch!)
- Coconut whipped cream
- Cinnamon stick
- Ground cinnamon (doubles as a straw!)
- Coconut flakes
MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES TO ENJOY:
I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you make this Apple Pie Smoothie, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Apple Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk or any plant-based milk
- 2 medium apples , cored and rough chopped
- 4 medjool dates , pitted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (sub cashew, walnut, sunflower seed, macadamia butter)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients into your blender, starting with the milk first. Blend on high until smooth.
Useful Tools To make This Recipe
- Freeze the chopped apples for a super cold and thick smoothie. You won't need the ice cubes with this method.
- For a thicker smoothie, use 1/4 cup less milk. Add as needed if it's too thick.