This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich, this White Bean Avocado Toast is the perfect light meal or snack to power your day. It comes together in minutes and all you'll need is a mixing bowl and fork.
I'm definitely a creature of habit, especially on busy mornings and toast is usually my go-to quick meal along with a cup of coffee. Some days I'll just add some vegan cream cheese and chia seed jam or go all out with this White Bean Avocado Toast.
I like adding the white beans because it adds a nice dose of protein and creates a creamier texture than just plain mashed avocado. It's also super satisfying and keeps me going.
Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes to make and requires simple ingredients. It's so easy to customize too so you can have different variations all the time.
- Cannellini Beans - you can also use great northern beans or navy beans.
- Avocado - choose a large avocado that is just ripened.
- Basil - any fresh herbs will work here such as cilantro, parsley, chives, or dill.
- Lemon Juice - lime juice is lovely too.
- Spinach - feel free to use any of your favorite greens. I also like to use arugula, kale, or sprouts.
- Tomato - this works with roasted peppers too. So good!
- Red Chili Flakes - adds a little kick but you can omit it if preferred.
- Granulated Garlic - you can also use granulated onion or any of your favorite spices.
- Bread - choose a sturdy bread that will hold up well with the mixture on top. My no-knead artisan bread is a great choice.
How to make White Bean Avocado Toast
It's so easy to put together and all you'll need is a bowl and fork. Here's how to do it:
You can top this white bean avocado toast with anything your taste buds crave. Here are some ideas:
- Quick pickled red onions
- Fresh sprouts
- Balsamic glaze
- Sliced radishes
- Canned artichokes
- Vegan bacon
- Sunflower seeds
More vegan breakfast recipes to try
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and sharing your feedback in the comment section below. It would make my day!
⭐️ Subscribe to the Vegan Huggs Newsletter and receive weekly recipes straight to your inbox! You'll also receive my FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes.
White Bean Avocado Toast
- ⅔ cup cannellini beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripened avocado , pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup fresh spinach , finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil (sub with cilantro or parsley)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 large tomato , sliced thin
- 2-4 slices of bread
- Mixing Bowl
- Add the beans and avocado to a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork until desired texture is achieved.
- Now stir in the lemon juice, spinach, basil, chili flakes, garlic, salt, and pepper. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Lightly toast the bread then spread the avocado bean mixture on top of each piece. Add sliced tomatoes and add more chili flakes, salt, and pepper if desired.