This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This Roasted Vegan Cauliflower Soup is pure comfort in a bowl! It's bursting with robust flavors and it's oh-so-creamy!
Soup season is in full swing over here and I've been making 2-3 pots a week. Last night I made my Vegan Potato Leek Soup, and tonight we're having our new favorite, Roasted Vegan Cauliflower Soup.
I absolutely love regular cauliflower soup, BUT the roasted version is to die for! Roasting it along with a few garlic cloves produces a nutty, toasty and buttery flavor. You'll be hooked!
It only takes about 10 minutes more than the classic version, so it's absolutely worth it.
To amp up the smoky flavor, I added some liquid smoke and smoked paprika. Then I added lite coconut milk to make it ultra creamy. Don't worry, you won't taste the coconut flavor.
How do you make Roasted Cauliflower Soup?
It's really easy to do in just 6 easy steps. Take a look:
(Scroll down for the printable recipe)
Season the cauliflower florets and garlic cloves and drizzle with oil. Now roast until tender and lightly browned.
Sauté onions and celery until tender and lightly browned.
Add dried thyme and smoked paprika to the onions and celery. Sauté until fragrant.
Add the roasted cauliflower, garlic cloves, broth, liquid smoke, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Gently simmer for 10 minutes to combine all the flavors
Remove from heat and remove bay leaf. Now pour in the coconut milk.
Using an immersion blender (or regular blender), blend until very creamy and smooth. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
Topping ideas for Roasted Cauliflower Soup:
- Baked Tempeh Bacon pieces
- Squeeze of Lemon
- A dollop of Vegan Sour Cream
- Smoke Paprika
- Fresh Herbs
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Roasted Cauliflower Pieces
- Vegan Cheese Shreds
- A swirl of Coconut Milk
- Air Fried Chickpeas
I’d love to hear from you
If you make this Vegan Cauliflower Soup, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Roasted Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large head of cauliflower , cut into bite-size florets (about 2 ½ pounds)
- 2-3 large garlic cloves , peeled (I used 3)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 medium yellow onion , diced
- 2 stalks celery , sliced or diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups vegetable broth , low sodium (more if needed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (*optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt , divided (more to taste)
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk , shaken
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C).
- Place cauliflower florets and garlic cloves on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (about 1 ½ tablespoons) and lightly sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt and cracked pepper to taste. Combine together with your hands. Roast for 15-20 minutes until tender and lightly browned. Toss occasionally. (*Optional- reserve a few roasted pieces for soup topping)
- In a large pot, heat remaining oil over medium heat and add onion and celery. Sauté until tender and lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add dried thyme and smoked paprika. Sauté for 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Now add the roasted cauliflower, garlic cloves, broth, liquid smoke, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Turn heat up to get broth boiling and then turn down to a gentle simmer. Cook for 8-10 minutes, then remove from heat and remove bay leaf.
- Now add the coconut milk. Using an immersion blender (or regular blender), blend until very creamy and smooth. (If the consistency is too thick for your taste, you can add a little vegetable broth to thin it out) Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. (*See notes for garnish and topping ideas).