This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This Vegan Snickers Cream Pie has three dreamy layers that are nestled in a sweet & salty pretzel crust.
The title of this recipe might be a little misleading because it doesn’t contain a real Snickers bar. However, this recipe captures the essence of its chocolate-y, peanut butter-y and caramel-y flavors, but in a much healthier way. In this Vegan Snickers Cream Pie, you’ll get all that flavorful goodness without all the horrifying ingredients.
Take a look at what’s in the real Snickers Bar:
MILK CHOCOLATE (SUGAR, COCOA BUTTER, CHOCOLATE, SKIM MILK, LACTOSE, MILKFAT, SOY LECITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR), PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, PALM OIL, SKIM MILK, LACTOSE, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, SALT, EGG WHITES, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR. ALLERGY INFORMATION: CONTAINS PEANUTS, MILK, EGG AND SOY. MAY CONTAIN TREE NUTS.
Those ingredients are terrifying, huh? I can’t believe how much I loved them as a kid. My favorite part was the nougat layer…it was so light and creamy, but I can’t even imagine liking it now. The nougat layer in this Vegan Snickers Cream Pie is chemical free, cruelty-free and heavenly.
Speaking of layers, let’s talk about the other decadent layers for a minute.
The first layer starts with a salty & sweet Pretzel Crust. It adds the perfect crunchy texture to this creamy pie. It’s so darn easy to make, too. You just take a small bag of pretzels and grind them up in your blender.
In under 2 minutes, they’ll be a fine flour. You mix the flour with maple syrup & coconut oil and then mold it into a pie pan. Put in the oven for 10-12 minutes and voilà, you have the perfect foundation for your dreamy layers.
Next up, is the creamy & delicious Nougat Layer. My favorite layer of course. You’ll just need some coconut cream, cashews, vanilla extract and pure maple syrup. No heavy fats, creams, refined sugars or processed oils, are in this luscious layer, so don’t be afraid.
On top of that, is the delectable, Caramel Layer. Oh wow, this is a good one, too. It’s scrumptious! You won’t find any refined sugar or heavy fats in this layer. All that incredible sweetness comes from beautiful dates. Then you add coconut cream, vanilla extract & a pinch of cinnamon. Yummers!
I completed this pie with a Peanut Butter Ganache topping. It’s rich, decadent, smooth & velvety. It really makes this pie, out-of-this-world delicious. I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips with creamy peanut butter and a bit of coconut oil.
Then I drizzled extra chocolate on top of the ganache, because there can never be enough chocolate. If you’re looking for more chocolatey madness, you might like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups or my Chocolate Mousse.
Are you drooling yet? Because I sure am! Let’s try this heavenly Vegan Snickers Cream Pie.
Vegan Snickers Cream Pie w/ Peanut Butter Ganache
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using a blender or food processor, grind up the pretzels, until it becomes a fine flour consistency
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. The consistency will look crumbly, but you should be able to somewhat mold it in your hand. Place your mixture into a 9-inch pie pan (I used a non-stick pan with a removable bottom Evenly distribute the mixture on the bottom and edges of the pan. Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust lightly browned & firm. Set aside to cool.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides, as needed. Pour nougat into the cooled pie crust and spread evenly. Place in freezer while you prepare the caramel. Let it freeze for about 20-30 minutes, before adding the caramel.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth & creamy. Scrape down sides, as needed. Take the pie out of freezer, make sure the top of the nougat is slightly firm to the touch, before adding the caramel. Gently spread caramel evenly on top of nougat. Pop back in freezer for another 20-30 minutes.
Peanut Butter Ganache Layer:
- Place chocolate chips, peanut butter & coconut oil in a small pot over medium-low heat, stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes. Be very careful not to burn. When melted, add the coconut milk & combine well. Remove from heat and let cool. Make sure the top of the caramel is slightly firm to the touch, before adding the ganache. Spread ganache gently over the caramel and pop in freezer for 4-6 hours to firm up. After that, you can leave it in the freezer to enjoy as a frozen dessert, or transfer to the fridge for a cream pie.
Optional: Top with crushed pretzels and chocolate sauce. Just melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips w/ 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Drizzle on pie and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me, Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs.
*If you’d like to pin for later 🙂