This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Fire up the grill because you won’t want to miss this flavorful summertime favorite. This Grilled Corn Salad is colorful, refreshing and satisfying.
As promised, I’m back with a recipe to pair with this Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing that I posted yesterday. Let me introduce to you this Summer Grilled Corn Salad. There’s much more than corn in this salad, but it really is the star of the show. It adds a wonderful smoky-sweet flavor and crisp texture too.
You may have seen a similar recipe on the blog when I first started out, for this Avocado, Black Bean & Corn Salad. It’s actually one of the most popular recipes on the blog. I wanted to share a slightly different version with a creamier dressing for you guys.
Don’t be surprised if this dish is the first to disappear at your next gathering. The widely gorgeous colors and Mexican-style flavors will keep them coming back for more, so you might want to make a double batch.
This salad is super refreshing, loaded with nutrients, but so filling and satisfying. It’s a meal all on its own, but you can enjoy it as a side too. This is not your average salad, that’s for sure.
After you’ve grilled the corn, cut the veggies and made the dressing, just toss it all together in a bowl and serve. I just throw the corn on the grill bare, but there are other ways to successfully grill corn. I found this article helpful. You can also boil or roast the corn if preferred.
If you’re strapped for time, you can skip the grilling altogether. Just replace the cobs with 3 cups of frozen corn. Thaw before adding to the salad by rinsing under cool water for a few minutes. Drain well.
This Grilled Corn Salad can be served a few different ways. You can place it in the serving bowl or plate with the veggies separated (like the photo below). When it’s time to serve, just toss it together with the dressing. This is just for fun and not necessary. You can also serve the dressing on the side, but be sure to make a double batch for your heavy-handed guests.
I’d love to hear from you
If you make this Grilled Corn Salad, I’d love to hear what you think. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Grilled Corn Salad w/ Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 4 ears corn , husks and silks removed (about 3 cups) *See note
- 1 small green bell pepper , diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper , diced
- 2 cans black beans , rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 small red onion , diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 avocados , peeled and cubed (*optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 batch avocado cilantro lime dressing
- Prepare and preheat your grill to high heat. If you don't mind a little oil, lightly spray the grill (see note for different ways to grill corn without any oil).
- Place the corn on the grill and let it sit until one side starts to blacken. Turn to char the remaining sides. Remove when all sides are somewhat charred, and the corn is cooked throughout. Don't leave the corn on the grill too long, or it will dry out. This could take about 8-10 minutes.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cob and place into a large bowl.
- Now place all the veggies in the large bowl with the corn (except the avocado). Sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss to combine. Now add avocado and toss gently so they don't mash together. Taste for seasoning add as needed.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!