When life gives you limes, you make a Fresh Limeade Recipe! It’s naturally sweet, tart and seriously thirst-quenching!
We have a lime tree in our backyard that gifts us with a plethora of juicy limes every year. It’s like Christmas for us because we use limes for so many recipes. It’s an exceptional flavor-enhancer for Tacos, Fajitas, Soup, dressings and more!
ARE LIMES GOOD FOR YOU?
YES! They are rich in vitamin C which is wonderful for the health of your skin. It gives you that glow! They are also mineral-rich with calcium, iron, copper, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
They have high water content and are a great source of soluble fiber, which can help lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and boost blood circulation.
Limes are a little tart on their own, so for a Fresh Limeade recipe, you’ll need a little sweetener to balance it out. However, it’s best to use an unrefined and natural sweetener so you don’t counteract the healthy benefits of the lime.
So, I use pure maple syrup to lightly sweeten everything up. It’s loaded with antioxidants and it’s mineral-rich with zinc, iron, potassium, and manganese. Now, it’s still sugar so you need to use it in moderation, but it’s worlds healthier than regular white sugar.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE FRESH LIMEADE:
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Maple Syrup
- Filtered Water
Optional Garnish Ideas:
- Lime slices
- Mint sprigs
- Fresh Basil
- Cucumber Slices
- Lemon Slices
HOW TO MAKE FRESH LIMEADE
- Add all the ingredients to a pitcher and stir to combine well.
- Taste and add more water or sweetener if needed. (I usually keep it somewhat tart because it will mellow out when served over ice)
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or enjoy right away over ice. Garnish with a lime slice and mint sprig if desired.
Before cutting the limes, roll them on the counter with the palm of your hand while adding light pressure. This will help get the maximum amount of juice out of them.
WANT MORE SUMMER RECIPES? HERE ARE MY FAVORITES:
I’d love to hear from you
If you make this Fresh Limeade Recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Fresh Limeade Recipe
- 1 cup lime juice , freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 5 cups filtered water
- Lime slices
- Mint sprigs (sub basil)
- Add all the ingredients to a pitcher and stir to combine well. Taste and add more water or sweetener if needed. I usually keep it somewhat tart because it will mellow out when served over ice.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or enjoy right away over ice. Garnish with a lime slice and mint sprig. Enjoy!