This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
When life gives you limes, you make a Fresh Limeade Recipe! It's sweet, tart, and seriously thirst-quenching!
We have a lime tree in our backyard that gifts us with a plethora of juicy limes every year. It's like Christmas for us because we use limes for so many recipes. It's an exceptional flavor-enhancer for Tacos, Fajitas, Soup, dressings, and more!
Are limes good for you?
YES! They are rich in vitamin C which is wonderful for the health of your skin. It gives you that glow! They are also mineral-rich with calcium, iron, copper, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
They have high water content and are a great source of soluble fiber, which can help lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and boost blood circulation.
Limes are a little tart on their own, so for a Fresh Limeade recipe, you'll need a little sweetener to balance it out. However, it's best to use an unrefined and natural sweetener so you don't counteract the healthy benefits of the lime.
So, I use pure maple syrup to lightly sweeten everything up. It's loaded with antioxidants and it's mineral-rich with zinc, iron, potassium, and manganese. Now, it's still sugar so you need to use it in moderation, but it's worlds healthier than regular white sugar.
Ingredients to make this Limeade Recipe
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Maple Syrup
- Filtered Water
Optional Garnish Ideas
- Lime slices
- Mint sprigs
- Fresh Basil
- Cucumber Slices
- Lemon Slices
How to make it
- Add all the ingredients to a pitcher and stir to combine well.
- Taste and add more water or sweetener if needed. (I usually keep it somewhat tart because it will mellow out when served over ice)
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or enjoy right away over ice. Garnish with a lime slice and mint sprig if desired.
Before cutting the limes, roll them on the counter with the palm of your hand while adding light pressure. This will help get the maximum amount of juice out of them.
More Summer Recipes to Enjoy
I’d love to hear from you
If you make this Fresh Limeade Recipe, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Fresh Limeade Recipe
- 1 cup lime juice , freshly squeezed
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or your favorite sweetener
- 5 cups filtered water
- Lime slices
- Mint sprigs (sub basil)
- Add all the ingredients to a pitcher and stir to combine well. Taste and add more water or sweetener if needed. I usually keep it somewhat tart because it will mellow out when served over ice.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or enjoy right away over ice. Garnish with a lime slice and mint sprig. Enjoy!
- Before cutting the limes, roll them on the counter with the palm of your hand. This will help get the maximum amount of juice out of them.
- I love maple syrup in this recipe and the maple flavor does come through a little bit. If you are not a fan, you may want to choose another type of sweetener. It all just depends on your taste buds.
Really great with maple syrup as sweetener, I would have never thought to use it. So glad I didn't grab the bag of refined sugar! The 1/2 cup maple syrup is just enough to temper the limeade while still leaving lots of sourness. My new summer go-to.
Hi Anna! Glad you gave the maple syrup a go and love it! Enjoy. 🙂
This is a great recipe! I like that it’s not too sweet. It’s just the right amount of sweet. I rimmed the glass w/ salt and it was nice as a faux margarita-esque Tyle drink.
I'm so glad you liked it. Sounds so good with the salt-rimmed glass. Thank you for giving it a try. 🙂