This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
For a winning meal, serve this Easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce topped on freshly-cooked pasta. It’ll be a surefire hit with a hungry crowd and will take you no time at all. Just 25 minutes! The base is made with cauliflower and cashews which creates and ultra-creamy and luxurious sauce (nut-free option available).
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal with a gourmet flair, you’ve gotta make this sauce! It’s perfect for a romantic dinner or a busy weeknight meal.
I adapted this from my 30-Minute Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo which is made with potatoes and cashews as the creamy base. The cauliflower version is just as luxurious and delicious.
The cauliflower flavor is very subtle, but if you’re not a fan at all, you may want to make the potato-based version. You’ll love it!
How to make Vegan Alfredo Sauce
(full ingredient amounts in recipe card below)
- Chop a medium-sized cauliflower head into florets.
- In a large pan/pot, sauté minced garlic in butter until lightly golden
- Add vegetable broth, cauliflower and cashews. Bring to a low simmer and cover for 10-12 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Add everything from the pan into a high-speed blender, along with soy milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, granulated onion, and salt. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
This yields enough sauce for 1 pound of pasta. It’s perfect with fettuccine noodles! If you decide to use this sauce for pasta, you can boil the water and cook the pasta while you are preparing the Alfredo sauce. Drain the noodles and drizzle them with olive oil to prevent sticking. Add the noodles to the pan of sauce and gently combine. Top with fresh-cut parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, freshly cracked pepper, and Vegan Parmesan Cheese if desired.
Can you freeze Vegan Alfredo Sauce?
Yes, this sauce freezes really well. Just let it thaw out in the fridge overnight and heat it up in a saucepan over medium heat. I usually add a few splashes of vegetable broth to thin it out a bit. Stir often to prevent burning. It should take 3-5 minutes to heat throughout.
Can this be made nut-free?
YES! Just add 1 1/2 tablespoons of Tapioca Starch/Flour to the blender (along with the soy milk, nutritional yeast, onion, and salt). After blending, return the mixture to the pan over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens up nicely.
Ways to use Alfredo Sauce
You can pretty much top in on everything!
I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you make this Vegan Alfredo Sauce, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1 pound cauliflower , cut into florets (about 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 large cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews , unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth , low sodium
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk , unsweetened (or any plant-based milk)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast , more to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt , more to taste
- In a large pan or pot (that can be fitted with a lid), heat the butter over medium heat. When melted, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute until lightly browned.
- Add the broth, cauliflower, and cashews. Raise heat to bring to a boil. Now turn heat down to a low simmer and cover with lid. Cook for 10-12 minutes until cauliflower is fork tender. Remove from heat.
- To a high-speed blender, add soy milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, granulated onion, salt and the cooked contents from the pan. Blend on high until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Pour mixture back into the pan and cook on medium-low to warm up a bit.