This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
These Vegan Lettuce Wraps are light, healthy, and packed with rich umami flavor. Also, you can put them together with ease in 25 minutes or less.
I love food with versatility and lettuce wraps fit the bill. You can fill them with veggies, tofu, tempeh, grains, beans, legumes, and more.
Just prepare the filling, wrap them up and side them with your favorite sauce. Easy peasy!
Well, today I get to share these Delicious Umami Lettuce Wraps from Sam's Turnbull's new cookbook Fuss-Free Vegan: 101 Everyday Comfort Food Favorites, Veganized.
You might already follow Sam's blog It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken and if you don't, you might want to head over there. Her recipes are approachable, comforting, familiar, super tasty, and most importantly, fuss-free!
You'll get 101 tried and true recipes that will fit into your daily life. They call for simple everyday ingredients and have easy-to-follow instructions. Lots of weeknight winners in there!
There are SOO many tasty options to choose from, and I've already made the Heavenly French Toast, Absurdly Cheesy Broccoli Soup, and these Umami Vegan Lettuce Wraps.
Sam also shares her expertise on how to create a fuss-free vegan pantry, fridge & freezer, along with basic kitchen tools you'll need. So, you won't need to buy anything fancy to start cooking from her book. She even has great tips for eating vegan on a budget.
I almost forgot to mention the mouth-watering photos! There's one for every single recipe too. You'll want to make everything you see, trust me!
So, whether you're already vegan, vegan-curious, or just someone who loves wholesome and comforting food, I feel Fuss-Free Vegan would fit perfectly into your kitchen. Eating vegan doesn't have to be complicated or stressful, and Sam's book is the perfect example of that.
I’d love to hear from you
If you make these Vegan Lettuce Wraps, I’d love to hear what you think in the comment section below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Vegan Lettuce Wraps
For The Sauce
For The Lentils
- 1 tablespoon light oil , like peanut or canola oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1- inch piece fresh ginger , peeled and minced/grated
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup walnuts , chopped
- 1 head of butter lettuce , leaves separated but kept whole
- 1 medium carrot , cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- For the sauce, in a small bowl, mix the ingredients together and set
- For the lentils, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high When hot, add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onion softens and begins to brown.
- Stir in the lentils and then the vegetable Turn the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until all the broth is absorbed and the lentils are cooked. Stir in the walnuts and about half of the sauce mixture, or to taste.
- To serve, take a leaf of lettuce, fill it with the lentil-walnut mixture, top with carrot, green onions, and sesame seeds, and spoon as much sauce as desired over it all. Fold it like a taco and munch away!