This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
If you're on the go a lot, it's always a good idea to have a healthy snack on hand. Otherwise, we end up making bad choices at the nearest food stop when hunger strikes. These Protein Peanut Butter Squares are the perfect grab-and-go snack and will keep you going!
This recipe is straight out of The High-Protein Vegan Cookbook by Ginny McMeans and I was given permission to share it with you guys. The newly-published cookbook is filled to the brim with hearty plant-based recipes that everyone will love.
Ginny is a two-time cookbook author and she runs the popular blog Vegan in the Freezer. She's well-known for her freezer-friendly recipes that are wholesome and delicious!
Inside you'll find over 125 high-protein recipes that are broken down into 6 chapters - Power-Up Appetizers, Breakfast Power, Lunch Bowls, Chilies and Sandwiches, Portable Snacks, Protein-Packed Dinners, and Let's make Seitan.
Ginny also discusses the many sources of plant protein and breaks down the amount per serving. Plus, there is a gorgeous photo that accompanies every single recipe in the book! You'll want to make everything!
The recipes I've made so far did not disappoint! Some of my new favorites are Toasted Protein Mushroom Rolls, Southwest Scramble Breakfast Burrito, Acadian Black Beans and Rice, and Fresh Veggie Seitan Pit Pocket. I can't wait to make more!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES
(full ingredient amounts in recipe card below)
- Mix the coconut sugar and peanut butter with a hand or Stand Mixer until it has a whipped consistency. Then add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the whole wheat flour, garbanzo bean flour, baking soda, and baking powder and mix on medium speed.
- Now add the oats and mix for a few seconds. The dough will be stiff.
- Add the milk and mix on medium until just combined.
- Fold in the peanuts and dates with a spatula to incorporate well.
- You can use your hands to press the dough lightly into an 8-Inch Baking Pan. Bake until lightly golden brown about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into sixteen squares and store in the refrigerator.
WANT TO TRY OUT MORE RECIPES FROM THE HIGH-PROTEIN VEGAN COOKBOOK?
Here are a few more recipes you can try out:
I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you make these Peanut Butter Squares, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me. Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs so I don’t miss it.
Peanut Butter Snack Squares
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-Inch Square Baking Dish.
- Mix the sugar and peanut butter with a hand or stand mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the vanilla. Add the flours, baking soda, and baking powder and mix on medium speed. Add the oats and mix for a few seconds. This will be stiff. Add the milk and mix on medium until just combined.
- Fold in the peanuts and dates and make sure everything is well incorporated.
- You can use your hands to press the dough lightly into the prepared dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into sixteen squares and store in the refrigerator.
Want more healthy snacks? Check these out: