It’s not the holidays unless there’s some jam-filled, Vegan Thumbprint Cookies floating around. The combination of delicious jam, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread, and sweet powdered sugar will help you bring on the festive spirit!
Ok, I’m back, and as promised, I’m presenting these jam-filled, Vegan Thumbprint Cookies right in time for the holidays. They are buttery-soft, sweet and a little tart. Who can resist such cute, colorful and powdery deliciousness? I sure can’t!
These homemade delights are perfect for gift giving
There’s just something so special about a handmade gift. They are unique, fun and bring tons of smiles. This year I’ll be handing out my Vegan Thumbprint Cookies, these Snowmen Meringue Cookies, my super hydrating Body Butter and this Pumpkin Spice Latte Sugar Scrub. I have a few more up my sleeve and I’ll be sharing them next week with you guys.
Another great thing about DIY gifts is that they are inexpensive and most can be made for less than $5. You can surprise your hair cutter, postal worker, neighbor, co-worker, landscaper or mechanic. You can also drop off gifts to a local homeless shelter, children’s hospital or give to a stranger who needs a little love. Homemade gifts really come from the heart and the receiver will truly feel special.
The best thing – you can make a batch for yourself, too! Yep, you can “feed two birds with one scone” with these delicious & festive treats. I’m sure Santa would appreciate them, too 😉
Going to a holiday party & don’t want to be empty-handed? Bring these easy Vegan Thumbprint Cookies along
With the holidays around the corner, various celebrations can pop up out of nowhere (no complaints here). Desserts and treats alike, are quick and easy things to bring for your host, and will be so appreciated. Hosting a party can be stressful, so the more helping-hands, the better. These classic festive cookies will definitely win over the guests and make your host happy.
Besides being easy on the host of the party, these tasty little treats are easy on you, too. You’ll need simple ingredients like: vegan butter, all-purpose flour, sugar, jam, baking powder, salt, powdered sugar, vanilla & almond extract. Together these ingredients will create soft, buttery & sweet cookies that nobody can resist.
I used a cookie cutter, but you can just roll the dough into little balls to make your cookies. Then just put your signature thumbprint in each one and fill with your favorite jam. Easy-peasy!
These Vegan Thumbprint Cookies are one of the best treats to make with your family. Your kiddos can press their tiny thumbprints in the cookies, and put their favorite jam in as well. Everyone will have their own special cookie to enjoy. It’s a great tradition to start each holiday season with those you love.
The kids(or the kid-in-you) can enjoy these with vegan milk, or homemade hot cocoa. You might like them with your favorite cup of coffee or tea. Oh heck, it’s the time of year to celebrate, go grab that “special” egg nog instead. And don’t forget the never-ending Christmas tunes to go along with everything 😉
These cookies are definitely worth trying out this year. Whether they are for a thoughtful gift, holiday party or quality family time, they will help bring everyone together & spread holiday cheer. Who couldn’t smile when they bite into one of these? They have the essence of comfort, winter & joy all wrapped in one.
I love making these cookies every year. They’re simple, fun, and the end result is a delicious, comforting taste. They’re the perfect treat to put together last-minute, or when you’re itching to bake for the holidays. The rich, buttery shortbread topped with a sweet, natural fruit jam is almost addictive.
Are you ready to bring on the festivities? Let’s get started!
It’s not the holidays unless there’s some jam-filled Vegan Thumbprint Cookies floating around. The combination of delicious jam, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread, and sweet powdered sugar will help you bring on the holiday spirit!
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Heat the oven to 350°F
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, and baking powder, combine well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter & sugar, until light & fluffy. Now add almond milk, vanilla extract & almond extract, combine well.
- Add flour mixture slowly into the wet, & combine until dough is formed. Don't overwork the dough. If dough is too sticky, add a teaspoon of flour. If your dough is really soft, roll into a large ball & cover with cling wrap & put in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Roll dough out to about 1/4 inch thick, and use a round cookie cutter to cut out each cookie shape. Place on baking sheet. Press your thumb in the middle, while dough is still in cookie cutter (I cheated & used the top of my Cholula hot sauce cap). This will provide more uniform results (Alternatively, you can skip the cookie cutter & roll the dough into small balls. Slightly flatten on the baking sheet, and press an imprint with your thumb). Space cookies about 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Whisk jam together for a smoother consistency. Fill each thumbprint with about a a 1/4 teaspoon (or more) of jam. Smooth out jam with the back of a spoon or damp finger.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on cooling rack 10-15 minutes. *Optional: Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of cookies using a mesh strainer. Store in airtight container.
*Prep time doesn't include chilling time.
*This recipe makes about 40 cookies that have a diameter of about about 2 inches.
If you make these Cookies, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me, Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs.
*Pin for later 🙂
Vegan Huggs is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission if you purchase the item after clicking on the link. This helps cover the cost of keeping the site running. There will be no additional charge to you, if you purchase an item through an affiliate link. I will only link items that I use myself.