Oil-Free Avocado Pesto
This Oil-Free Avocado Pesto is super creamy, cheesy, zesty and totally healthy for you. It takes less than 15 minutes to make and calls for 9 simple ingredients.
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 cup basil leaves , tightly packed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1-2 cloves garlic , more to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt , more to taste (or preferred salt)
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
- 4-6 tablespoons water , more if needed
Add all the ingredients (except the water) to a blender or food processor. Pulse for 10-20 times to combine and chop. Now add the water as needed, and keep pulsing until you've reached desired consistency. I prefer my pesto with texture, but if you want it smooth, just blend on high for 30-60 seconds. Taste for seasoning and add more as needed.
* Store in airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
* Yields about 7-8 ounces
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 110mg | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.8mg