Creamy Vegan Potato Salad
This Creamy Vegan Potato Salad is flavorful & satisfying. It's gluten-free, dairy-free and guilt free. It's the perfect side dish to most meals.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 8 medium russet potatoes, cleaned, peeled & cubed into bite-sized pieces (all same size)
- 1 tablespoon salt & 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (for cooking water)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups vegan mayonaise (*see note)
- Juice of one lime or lemon (sub apple cider vinegar, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/3 cup pickles, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh or thawed frozen)
Place the cubed potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water (1-2 inches over potatoes). Add the salt & vinegar (*see note). Over high heat, bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a low boil. Cook until potatoes are just tender & easily pierced with a paring knife or fork, with little resistance when falling off. About 8-10 minutes.
When potatoes are done, drain them well using a colander & transfer them to a large mixing bowl. While hot, squeeze the lime juice over the potatoes. Fold gently to combine. (This will help the potatoes absorb the zingy flavor). Let potatoes cool.
While the potatoes are cooling, prepare your dressing. In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of mayo (*see note), mustard, herbs, spices, salt and pepper (except paprika.) Whisk together until well combined.
When potatoes have cooled, place the pickles & veggies in the large mixing bowl and pour on the dressing. Fold gently until ingredients are combined. Taste for any additional seasoning, add more as needed. Place in fridge to chill for 1-2 hours so the flavors will marinate well. (It can also be served immediately if preferred)
Before serving add the extra 1/2 cup of mayo (if needed) and sprinkle with paprika. Enjoy!
* Salt & Vinegar for cooking water: The salt will season the potatoes throughout, while the vinegar will prevent overcooking
* Mayonnaise: Start off with 1 cup of mayo and save the rest right before serving to keep the salad moist (it might not be needed).
*If you'd like additional zing, you can add a 1-2 teaspoons of pickle juice to the dressing.
*Potato salad is very versatile, so feel free to omit any of the veggies in this recipe. You can add your favorites, or leave it plain. It's all personal taste.
*Prep time does not include chilling process.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 436mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 31.8mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2.1mg