Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad
Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad ~ fast, easy, fresh and colorful! No cooking required - just chop the veggies and toss with a zesty Cilantro Lime Dressing.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 2 15 oz cans black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados , seeded and cubed. (*see note)
- 2 cups corn , fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cup red onion , diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro , rough chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice , more if desired
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon agave (or any sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt , more to taste
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, olive oil, agave, cilantro, chili powder, granulated garlic, ground pepper, and salt.
Place all the veggies in a large bowl (except the avocado) and pour the dressing over them. Toss gently to combine well.
Add the avocado on top and toss gently or just leave them on top. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
Serve immediately with fresh pita bread, tortilla chips or a side of rice. Enjoy!
- Avocados that are just-ripe work the best and won't get mushy in the salad.
- Squeeze a little lime on the fresh-cut avocado to reduce browning.
- To keep the salad looking vibrant, toss with the dressing, tomatoes, and avocado just before serving.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 314mg | Potassium: 773mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 16% | Vitamin C: 31% | Calcium: 3% | Iron: 10%