Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice (Gluten-Free)
Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice ~ sweet, savory and spicy! So easy to make and takes 30 minutes on the stove. It's gluten-free too!
Servings 4 People
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or preferred cooking oil)
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup carrots , peeled & diced (or matchstick)
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks , fresh or canned
- 3 cups cooked rice , chilled for 6-8 hours if possible
- 1/2 cup green onion , sliced + more for topping
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tamari , low sodium (sub soy sauce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup frozen peas , thawed
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
Whisk the tamari and curry powder together. Set aside.
Heat coconut oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
Now add the garlic, ginger, red chili pepper flakes and carrots. Sauté 7-9 minutes or until carrots are tender. (* if veggies start to stick, you can add a splash of vegetable broth to deglaze)
Add the pineapple chunks and sauté until slightly browned, about 4-5 minutes
Add tamari, rice, peas and green onions. Stir frequently. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Cook about 4-5 minutes, until all ingredients are combined and heated through.
Remove from heat and serve with optional toppings. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 436mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 5855IU | Vitamin C: 32.4mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2.9mg