Summer Zucchini Pesto (Oil-Free & Vegan)
Are you up to your ears in garden zucchini yet? How about a fresh-tasting Zucchini Pesto to help you get through it? It's quick, easy, oil-free, vegan and delicious!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 cup basil leaves , tightly packed
- 1 cup zucchini , peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast , more to taste
- 1-2 cloves garlic , more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt , more to taste (or preferred salt)
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons water
Add all the ingredients (except the water) to a blender or food processor. Pulse for 10-20 times to combine and chop. Add the water as needed, and keep pulsing until you've reached desired consistency. I prefer my pesto with texture, but if you want it smooth, just blend on high for 30-60 seconds. Taste for seasoning and add more as needed.
Store in airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
* Sometimes zucchini can be bitter. Give it a taste before using it in the recipe.
* Yields about 7-8 ounces
Serving: 1ounce | Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 5.7mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.8mg