Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is rich, creamy, frothy and aromatic. It's free of refined sugar, dairy, gluten and processed junk. This dreamy beverage contains real organic pumpkin, spices, pure vanilla extract, almond milk, pure maple syrup and espresso. Nothing but goodness to celebrate fall!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice , more if preferred (See note)
- 2 cups soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or preferred sweetener), more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 shots brewed espresso (sub 1/3 -1/2 cup strong-brewed coffee)
In a small saucepan, warm the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice and salt over low heat. Stir constantly to combine well and prevent burning. About 1-2 minutes.
Turn up the heat to medium and add the soy milk. Whisk for 3-4 minutes until heated throughout (don't boil). Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
Place mixture in a blender and blend on high until smooth. (This will make the milk frothy too)
Add hot espresso to each mug and pour pumpkin spice mixture on top.
*Optional: Top with vegan whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
*If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can use 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch each of nutmeg, ground ginger and ground cloves.
* I prefer soy milk because it foams up really well in the blender.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 431mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 4005IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 333mg | Iron: 1.4mg