Berry Smoothie Bowl
Start your morning off right with a refreshing and delicious Berry Smoothie Bowl! It takes minutes to make and only requires 4 wholesome ingredients.
Servings 2 people
- 1 cup non-dairy milk , more as needed
- ¼ cup raw buckwheat groats , soaked in filtered water for 4- 6 hours
- 1 large banana , frozen
- 2 cups mixed berries , frozen
Drain and rinse buckwheat really well. Discard soaking water.
To a high-powered blender, add the non-dairy milk and then the remaining ingredients. Blend on high until creamy and smooth, using the tamper as needed.
The consistency should be very thick, but if it's too thick for the blender to move, add a few splashes of milk. If it's too thin, add more frozen fruit. Pour into two small bowls and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
* Topping ideas: coconut flakes, sliced strawberries, blueberries, buckwheat groats, granola, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, nut butter, or dried fruit.
* If you would like to have a smoothie instead of a smoothie bowl, add a ½ cup more of plant-based milk.
* For extra sweetness, add 1-2 Medjool dates to the blender.
* Recipe yields enough mixture for 2 small bowls or 1 large bowl.
*Prep time doesn't include soaking time.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 579IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 2mg