Creamy Vegan Macaroni Salad
Creamy Vegan Macaroni Salad ~ a summertime essential! With a healthier twist, it's mayo-free but still rich, creamy & full of classic flavor.
Servings 10 people
- 1 ¼ cup cashews , raw (soaked in water 4-6 hours)
- 1 ¼ cup non-dairy milk , unsweetened
- ⅓ cup vegan yogurt , unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2-3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2-3 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1 clove garlic (sub 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt , more to taste
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (*Optional)
- ½ cup red onion , diced
- ¾ cup red bell pepper , diced (1 small pepper)
- ¾ cup celery , diced (about 2-3 stalks)
- ½ cup dill pickles , diced
- ⅓ cup fresh dill , chopped (more for garnish)
- Paprika and fresh cracked pepper , for garnish
Boil pasta in salted water and cook until al dente (according to package directions). Drain and rinse with cool water. When cooled, place in a large bowl. Drizzle and toss with olive oil (*omit to keep oil-free).
Add all the chopped veggies, pickles and chopped dill to the same bowl with cooled macaroni.
Now add the dressing on top and toss to combine well. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed (*the dressing will look thin and seem like a lot, but it will thicken up perfectly in the fridge).
Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to chill. Give it a good stir. Sprinkle top with paprika, fresh cracked pepper, and more fresh dill. Enjoy!
Serving: 1(1 cup) | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 19.3mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2.1mg