Vegan Spinach Artichoke Cups
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Cups ~ a crowd favorite tucked inside a crispy and flaky shell.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 30 mini fillo shells (phyllo)
- 3 cups frozen spinach (measured frozen) thawed, squeezed of excess water & chopped finely
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts , drained & finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese , softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or vegan parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (use less if using garlic powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt , more to taste
- fresh cracked pepper , to taste
Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
To a large mixing bowl, add the spinach, artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, cream cheese, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, garlic, onion, paprika, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Combine well. Taste for seasoning and add as needed.
Fill the mini phyllo shells using a small spoon. Place each one on a large baking tray.
Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until filling is heated throughout. Serve immediately. Sprinkle with vegan parmesan if desired.
*Prep time doesn't include thawing time.
*Make ahead: make the dip the 1-2 days before and place in an airtight container. Store in the fridge. When ready, just fill up the frozen fillo shells and bake as usual.
*Freeze: Fill up the fillo shells and place them back in the trays they came in. Once frozen, they can be stored in an airtight container. Freeze for 2-3 months. Baking time may need to be increased by 5-10 minutes.
* The amount of spinach going into the bowl should be about 1 cup (a little more is fine). This is after it has been thawed and squeezed of excess water. If you use fresh spinach, just cook it down to that amount as well.
* For an extra kick, add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
Serving: 5pieces | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 707mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3840IU | Vitamin C: 16.3mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1.7mg