Thousand Island Dressing
This Vegan Thousand Island Dressing is creamy, flavorful and much healthier than store-bought varieties. It's dairy-free, oil-free and gluten-free, too. Now you can have that classic dressing without all the unnecessary ingredients.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1/3 cup raw cashews , soaked in water 2-4 hours (*See note)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes to rehydrate)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk) (*See note)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup (sub agave)
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt (or preferred salt), more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
Rinse cashews and discard soak water. Place in blender.
Drain soaked sun-dried tomatoes and place in blender.
Add almond milk, lemon juice, maple syrup, spices, salt & pepper. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes, until creamy and smooth. Scrape down sides as needed. Taste for seasoning and add as needed.
Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the sweet relish. Serve immediately or store in fridge for 5-7 days. Enjoy!
*Cashews: I put them in water and pop them in the fridge overnight to make it a breeze the next day. If you have a high-powered blender, you could skip the soaking all together and the dressing will still be creamy. Personally, I still like to soak them, because it releases more nutrients and make the cashews more digestible. If you don't have a high-powered blender and you forgot to soak the cashews, don't fret, just boil some water, pour over cashews and cover for 20-30 minutes.
*If you don't have unsweetened almond milk (or other varieties) you can use filtered water instead. The dressing will be slightly thinner, but still creamy and delicious.
*Prep time doesn't include the soaking time for the cashews.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg