Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie – A silky, warm-spiced filling nestled in a buttery flaky crust that's baked to golden perfection! You won't believe how easy it is, and they won't even know it's vegan. It's a must for your holiday table!
Servings 8 people
- 1 Homemade Vegan Pie Crust (or store-bought)
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree , canned (not pie filling).
- 1 cup coconut milk , full-fat. Shake can before pouring.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C). If you're using a homemade pie crust, I recommend blind baking it first (full instructions are with that recipe). Otherwise, follow instructions on the store-bought packaging to prepare.
Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, cornstarch, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour mixture into the prepared pie crust and smooth evenly with a spatula. Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the top is mostly set (slightly wobbly is fine) and light golden brown (if the crust seems like it's getting too brown, you can cover it with tin foil). Remove from the oven and let it cool completely on a cooling rack. Then transfer to the fridge to set for 6 hours or overnight. Slice and serve with vegan whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
- Prep/cook time does not include homemade crust or chilling time.
- Nutritional information is for one slice, using my pie crust recipe.
- This works best with full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream. Any other milk will yield a much softer filling.
- If you don't have cornstarch, you can use arrowroot powder or all-purpose flour. Note: if you use all-purpose flour, don't add it to the blender at the same time as the other ingredients. You can add it after the filling is creamy and blend on medium for 10-20 seconds until smooth.
- If you don't have a blender, you can whisk all the ingredients instead. First, whisk the cornstarch with the coconut milk until smooth, then whisk in the rest until fully combined and smooth.
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can use 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and a 1/2 teaspoon each of nutmeg and ginger. A pinch of cloves is nice too. Add more of each to taste.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 8273IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg