Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
Get a fresh taste of summer with this Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream! It requires just 5 ingredients and it’s so easy to make. Just blend and chill the mixture, then let your ice cream maker work its magic!
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups strawberries , fresh
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk , all-natural (full-fat)
- ¼ cup cane sugar , organic unrefined
- 5 tbsp agave nectar , organic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Use a high-speed blender to mix the strawberries, coconut milk, sugar, agave, and lemon juice. Cover and chill the mixture for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Once it’s chilled, add the mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Most machines take 10 to 15 minutes depending on the temperature of the mix, and when it’s finished it should look like soft serve.
Once it’s churned, transfer the ice cream to a large, freezer-safe container, smooth the top and cover it tightly. Freeze it for at least 5 to 6 hours, or until it is firm.
Reprinted with permission from Incredible Vegan Ice Cream by Deena Jalal, Page Street Publishing Co. 2019.
Store this ice cream in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Makes about 1 quart (272 g)
Notes by Melissa Huggins:
- You can use non-organic ingredients for the same result.
- This recipe is delicious as is, but I tweaked it a little for my own personal taste. I added ½ cup coconut cream, 1 more teaspoon of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of vodka (keeps it from freezing too solid) and a pinch of salt. I did not change the recipe and just added these additional things to it.
- My machine took 20 minutes to make the perfect ice cream consistency.
- Once the ice cream maker is done churning, you can enjoy the ice cream right away, or put in the freezer to firm up. I can never wait!
- Prep time doesn't include chilling time.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin C: 46.2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2.3mg