Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes - full of smoky flavor and require very little effort. Everything is roasted all in one pan and done in 30 minutes or less!
Servings 5 people
- 2 ½ pounds gold potatoes (about 6 large), cut into bite-sized pieces ½" thick. *See note
- 1 medium red onion , diced large (about ¾")
- 1 large red bell pepper , diced large (about ¾")
- 1 large poblano pepper , diced large (about ¾") - sub green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or any high smoke point oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt , more to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C). Line a Large Rimmed Baking Sheet with parchment paper.
Place the onion, peppers, and potatoes on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with chili powder, garlic, smoked paprika, onion, salt and pepper.
Combine everything together until all ingredients are well coated. Evenly spread in one layer.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. Stir every 10 minutes for even cooking. *If you would like to crisp them slightly, broil them the last 5 minutes. Keep a close eye on them to prevent burning. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Serve immediately.
Topping ideas: fresh-cut parsley, cilantro, lime juice, crushed red pepper, hot sauce, salsa, or vegan sour cream.
Serve with Tofu Scramble and Vegan Bacon for a hearty vegan breakfast.
I used Yukon Gold Potatoes, but any variety will work.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 498mg | Potassium: 1110mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1415IU | Vitamin C: 95.7mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 7.8mg