Chunky Monkey Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Liven up your morning with this Chunky Monkey Quinoa Breakfast Bowl. The combination of creamy peanut butter, sweet bananas, & rich dark chocolate will send your taste buds into overdrive. Oh, yeah, it's super nutritious, too!
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked), rinsed and drained well
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 large ripe banana , mashed
- 3-4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
In a medium pot, add the quinoa and salt to 2 cups of low-boiling water. Put lid on top. Cook until liquid is gone and quinoa is fluffy. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes to cook.
Uncover and turn heat to low. Stir in non-dairy milk, peanut butter, mashed banana, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Warm for 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust flavor if needed.
Add favorite toppings and additional milk if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
* Topping Ideas: peanut butter, banana coins, dark chocolate chunks, coconut flakes, berries, nuts, seeds, granola or jam.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 204mg | Potassium: 518mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2.8mg