Creamy Vegan Italian Dressing (Oil-Free)
Enjoy a salad that's truly guilt-free with this Vegan Italian Dressing. You'll skip out on a ton of calories & fat while keeping that classic zesty flavor we all love. This creamy dressing is gluten-free, oil-free & dairy-free.
Servings 6 people
- 1/3 cup raw cashews soaked in water 2-4 hours (*See note)
- 3/4 cup soy milk , unsweetened (or any plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy yogurt , unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning , more to taste (leave 1 teaspoon separate)
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt , more to taste (or preferred salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
Rinse cashews and discard soaking water. Place in blender, along with the rest of the ingredients (except for 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning). Blend on high for 2-3 minutes, until creamy and smooth. Scrape down sides as needed. Taste for seasoning and add as needed (*the dressing will appear thin, but it will thicken up as it chills).
Transfer to a small container with a lid. Stir in the remaining Italian seasoning. Cover and chill for 30-60 minutes. Give it a good stir before serving. If it's too thick (after stirring) add a few teaspoons of water and combine. Store in fridge for 3-4 days.
* To soften cashew faster: In a small pot, boil water and remove from heat. Add cashews and cover for 15-20 minutes, until softened.
* Yields about 1 1/2 cups of dressing.
Serving: 1(1/4 cup) | Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 308mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mg