Grilled Corn Salad w/ Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
Fire up the grill, because you won't want to miss this flavorful summertime favorite. This Grilled Corn Salad is colorful, refreshing and satisfying.
Servings 6 people
- 4 ears corn , husks and silks removed (about 3 cups) *See note
- 1 small green bell pepper , diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper , diced
- 2 cans black beans , rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 small red onion , diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 avocados , peeled and cubed (*optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 batch avocado cilantro lime dressing
Prepare and preheat your grill to high heat. If you don't mind a little oil, lightly spray the grill (see note for different ways to grill corn without any oil).
Place the corn on the grill and let it sit until one side starts to blacken. Turn to char the remaining sides. Remove when all sides are somewhat charred, and the corn is cooked throughout. Don't leave the corn on the grill too long, or it will dry out. This could take about 8-10 minutes.
When the corn is cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cob and place into a large bowl.
Now place all the veggies in the large bowl with the corn (except the avocado). Sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss to combine.
Pour dressing over veggies and toss to combine. Now add avocado and toss gently so they don't mash together. Taste for seasoning add as needed.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
* If you don't have time to grill corn, you can replace it with 3 cups frozen corn. Thaw before adding to the salad by rinsing under cool water for a few minutes. Drain well.
* Here's a great article on 3 Ways to Grill Corn.
* If you're making the salad ahead of time, you may want to add the avocados & tomatoes just before serving. I would add the dressing at that time too. This will keep the salad fresh looking (it looks a little less colorful once added). * Another option is to serve the dressing on the side, but you might want to make a double batch for heavy-handed guests.
* Avocados that are just-ripe work the best, otherwise they will get mushy in your salad.
* Yields about 9 cups
* Nutritional information includes dressing.
Serving: 11 1/2 cups | Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 750mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 28.5mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2.5mg