Creamy Cashew Milk
This cashew milk is rich, creamy and delicious. It's loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, heart-healthy fats and protein, too.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup raw cashews , soaked in water for 4-6 hours at room temperature, or overnight. (*See note)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 5 medjool dates , pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt (or preferred salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. (discard water)
Blend together all ingredients for 1-2 minutes, until creamy & smooth.
No need to strain, but If you want super smooth milk, you can run it through a mesh strainer or nut milk bag
Can be enjoyed right away or stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. Place in airtight container.
* If you soak cashews longer than 4-6 hours, place them in the refrigerator until they are needed. They will keep for a few days.
*If the dates aren't soft & somewhat moist, soak them in water for 15 minutes, before using. Drain well and pat dry before use.
*If you don't have dates, you can use maple syrup instead. About 2 tablespoons (more if needed).
*Prep time doesn't include soaking time.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 141mg | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1.4mg