Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
This Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo is rich, creamy & buttery. It's a simple, yet luxurious dish, that can be yours in 30 minutes or less.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 People
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 16 ounces dried fettuccine pasta (GF if preferred)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups white potato , peeled & chopped into 1-inch cubes (about 2 small potatoes)
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt (or preferred salt), more to taste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour/starch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2-3 med/large garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup frozen peas , thawed (*See note)
Boil the potatoes and cashews about 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and set aside.
Place fettuccine in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 10-12 minutes). Drain and drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
Now place all ingredients into a blender (except butter & garlic). Blend until potatoes & cashews have completely broken down & sauce is smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
Heat up butter in large pan over medium heat. When melted, add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until lightly brown (be careful not to burn).
Pour cream sauce into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until sauce slightly thickens up. Stir often to prevent burning. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed.
Now add pasta and thawed peas to pan and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- To thaw peas, place in a colander and rinse under cool water for 1-2 minutes.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 654mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 3.3mg