Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
This Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo is rich, creamy and buttery. It's a simple, yet luxurious dish, that can be yours in 30 minutes or less.
Servings 6 People
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups white potato , peeled & chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 2 small potatoes)
- 16 ounces fettuccine , dried (GF if preferred)
- Olive oil , a drizzle if needed
- 1 cup soy milk , unsweetened (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 cup vegetable broth , low sodium
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt , more to taste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour/starch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas , thawed (*See note)
Boil the potatoes and cashews about 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain well and set aside.
Place fettuccine in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 10-12 minutes). Drain and drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
Now place all ingredients into a blender (except butter & garlic). Blend until potatoes and cashews have completely broken down and sauce is smooth. Set aside.
Heat up butter in a large pan over medium heat. When melted, add garlic and sauté for 30-60 seconds until lightly brown and fragrant.
Pour cream sauce into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce slightly thickens up. Stir often to prevent burning. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
Now add pasta and thawed peas to pan and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- To thaw peas, place in a colander and rinse under cool water for 1-2 minutes.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 452mg | Potassium: 565mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 364IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 4mg