Blood Orange Margaritas
Blood Orange Margaritas ~ made with fresh-squeezed citrus, agave nectar & your favorite tequila. So simple & refreshing!
Servings 2 people
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed blood orange juice, strain to remove pulp (about 4 med oranges)
- 1/3 cup silver tequila , more if preferred
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 med lime)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (sub pure maple syrup)
- Ice cubes
- Pink Himalayan salt, for rim of glass (or any salt)
- Lime or orange wedge
- Sprig of mint or basil
Spread a bit of salt on a small plate. Rub the rim of each glass with a lime or orange wedge. Dip the rim into the salt at a 45 degree angle and turn gently, until glass is coated (this avoids too much salt going into the glass). Fill each glass with ice and set aside.
Fill a large cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in orange juice, lime juice, agave and tequila. Shake for 30-60 seconds to chill and combine. Taste before pouring into glasses. Add more juice, agave or tequila if needed. Strain into prepped cocktail glasses and garnish with a lime or orange wedge (or both). Enjoy!
* If you'd like to make mocktails, just omit the tequila, and add 1/4 cup of club soda instead. Don't shake the club soda, just add it directly to the glasses on top of the shaken mixture.
* If you can't find blood oranges, any type will work. My second choice would be cara cara oranges.
* The nutritional information is calculated without the salted rim.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 248mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.3mg