Vegan Crab Bites
Fast, easy and utterly delicious ~ these Vegan Crab Bites can be served hot or cold and take 20 minutes to prepare. It's the perfect party bite!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people
Add the hearts of palm to a food processor and give 3-4 long pulses, until shredded (you may need to shred in two batches depending on the size of your processor). Don't over process - the mixture should have a crab-like consistency. (*see photo above)
To a large bowl, add mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, kelp, Old Bay Seasoning, parsley, garlic, onion, salt & fresh cracked pepper. Combine well.
Add the shredded hearts of palm to the bowl and combine well. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
Using a small spoon, fill each shell with mixture. Top with fresh-cut parsley if desired. Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- If you can't find kelp granules, you can use dulse flakes, dulse granules or break up a small piece of nori. If you don't want the ocean-like flavor, you can omit the seaweed altogether. It will still be delicious!
- For a richer stuffing, you can swap out 1/4 cup mayo for a 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese or vegan sour cream (soften cream cheese before using).
- Fills about 26-30 shells depending on how much you stuff them.
- You can make filling the day before, just cover and pop it in the fridge.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can shred the hearts of palm with a fork.
- If you'd like to turn these into a hot appetizer, you can find the instructions in the post above.
Serving: 5pieces | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1.2% | Vitamin C: 7.3% | Calcium: 1.7% | Iron: 8%