- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, add onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots, thyme, coriander, red pepper and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Turn up heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Remove the bay leaves and add the coconut milk & lime juice.
- Using an immersion blender (or regular blender), blend until creamy and smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
* Topping Ideas:
Swirled coconut milk, fresh-cut cilantro, vegan sour cream, cracked pepper, crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, squeeze of lemon or lime.
* Yields about 9-10 cups of soup.
* The cook time doesn't include the Instant Pot preheating time. This can take 8-12 minutes.