This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Who doesn’t love chocolate & cherries together? Especially, when they are mixed in creamy ice cream! Move over Ben & Jerry’s, because this sweet treat is cruelty-free, tastier and much healthier than the Cherry Garcia flavor. I’m happy that B&J’s has made ONE vegan flavor (finally), but c’mon already…you don’t need cow’s milk to create dreamy goodness! The proof is in this recipe.
For the ice cream, I used sweet dark cherries, full-fat coconut milk, pure maple syrup, raw cashews, vanilla extract and a pinch of pink salt. I blended this all up into a creamy mixture, added some cherry chunks, poured into my favorite Popsicle Molds and popped them in the freezer for 4 hours.
For the chocolate shell, I used virgin coconut oil, raw cacao, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract. When the pops were frozen, I drizzled this decadent chocolate over them. That’s it, just pure and natural ingredients in these heavenly pops.
O.K, let’s do this…
Cherry Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13- to 15-ounce)
- 1/4 cup cashews , soaked in water for 4 hours
- 1 1/2 cups pitted fresh or frozen cherries , plus extra for cherry chunks in pops
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt (or any salt)
Cherry Ice Cream Method:
- In a blender or food processor, place all ingredients (except extra cherry chunks) and blend until completely creamy and smooth. Taste for sweetness and add additional sweetener as needed.
- Slice the cherry chunks and stick them to the sides of your popsicle molds. Add as many cherry slices as desired. Pour the mixture into the mold, leaving about 1/4" of room on top. Place stick in the mixture and place in freezer for 4-6 hours.
Chocolate Shell Method:
- Place coconut oil, cacao, maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until ingredients are melted. Be careful not to burn. Then add the vanilla and salt and mix well. Remove from heat and let cool at room temperature. Drizzle over frozen ice pops and serve.