This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
These Vegan Cheesecake Bites are sweet, tangy and delicious! They are free of refined sugar, dairy and gluten… so you can enjoy them without the guilt.
I’ve been in dessert land all weekend and I completely missed the Super Bowl. I’m not a big sports fan anyway, but it’s nice to cheer on a team, eat yummy vegan food and connect with good friends. I’ve been un-baking away, so I could post some fun and healthy treats for you guys to share with your loved ones on Valentine’s Day. Of course you can make these Vegan Cheesecake Bites anytime of year and they will always bring smiles.
Nick and I celebrate, but we don’t like all the pressure that the holiday puts on everyone…to buy your partner over-priced roses, jewelry, chocolate and cards. You don’t need all that to show your love and you can celebrate everyday is small ways. It has been fun now that we’re parents. Grant brings home heart-shaped crafts and puts them on the fridge. He puts so much love into his art and he gets so excited to give mommy and daddy his gifts. He’s our forever valentine!
So, let’s get to the dessert! These rich & velvety Vegan Cheesecake Bites are so easy to make and contain healthy ingredients. They are free of processed sugars, dyes, dairy or eggs. They are also gluten-free! So, you can skip the heavy fattening cream cheese and the gross amount of sugar and you can enjoy these treats without the added guilt. You’ll just need raw cashews, almonds, dates, cherries, fresh lemon juice, pure maple syrup, coconut oil and coconut cream. Doesn’t that sound delightful?
Now, I’m not going to lie and say this tastes like real cheesecake, but I think it’s better, in my opinion. It was one of the first vegan desserts I tried, and I was in love. They have the perfect balance of tart and sweet. They’re delectable! All you need is a little bit, because they’re rich, satisfying and filling.
You’ll just need a food processor or a high-powered blender and muffin liners or a muffin pan. They look fancy and difficult, but they are really that easy. The hardest part is waiting for the nuts to soak and the dessert to set in the freezer. No baking involved! The cashews work the magic in this recipe. You just soak them in water, blend them up with the other ingredients and you have a creamy dessert. Pure and simple and the way nature intended!
I used fresh coconut whip for the topping and it’s really easy to make. However, you can use store-bought whip, or just leave them plain. They are absolutely delicious either way! You can also top with chocolate shavings, chocolate sauce, coconut flakes and a cherry. I used culinary roses too, but it’s not necessary. It just makes them prettier and more fragrant.
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day!
Cherry-Coconut Vegan Cheesecake Bites
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews , soaked in water for 4 hours or more
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil , liquified
- 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk (use creamier part)
- 1/4-1/3 maple pure syrup ( I like it less sweet, so I used 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons coconut shreds
- 1 cup cherries (thaw if using frozen)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Process the almonds and dates until if forms a loose dough. Press between your fingers to make sure it sticks together. Add more dates or nuts for the needed consistency.
- Fill muffin liners with the crust. Press firmly down. (I used a muffin pan as well, to keep things sturdy)
- Pop in freezer while you make the filling.
- Combine all ingredients (except cherries) in a blender or food processor. Blend until really creamy and smooth.
- Pour on top of crust to the halfway mark. Pop back in freezer, while you prepare the cherry filling.
- Place the cherries in the remaining filling, blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour cherry filling on top of vanilla layer.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours
If you make these Vegan Cheesecake Bites, or one of my other recipes, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me, Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs.
Vegan Huggs is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. There will be no additional charge to you, if you purchase an item through an affiliate link. I will only link items that I use myself.