This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This Raw Red Pepper Tomato Soup is creamy, flavorful & nutritious. It will nourish your body & satisfy your tummy. All you’ll need is a good blender & some fresh ingredients.
This heavenly soup is bursting with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Lycopene and Lutein. The added cashews give this soup the creamy texture while adding a nice dose of protein, too. Also, they are a great source of Magnesium, Iron, Copper, and Zinc, so add those babies in!
Quick note: I soak the cashews in water for 2-4 hours to make a creamier soup. It also makes them more digestible & more nutritious. However, if your cashews aren’t soaked, you can just use them as is. The soup will still be creamy & delish!
To preserve all those vitamins, the soup is just slightly warmed. You’ll get that same fuzzy feeling in your belly, but you’ll get twice the amount of nutrition. Sounds like a pretty good deal, huh? I use a Vitamix that warms the soup, but If you don’t have one, just slightly warm on the stove top after blending. Easy-peasy!
This Red Pepper Tomato Soup is a great meal for lunch, dinner or even on-the-go. You can pour into your favorite travel mug and get out the door fast. You can pair it with a healthy sandwich or some healthy crackers, too.
Let’s do this!
Raw Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 4-5 tomatoes , sliced (Roma or vine ripened)
- 1 red bell pepper , deseeded & cored
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup raw cashews , soaked in water 2-4 hours (*see note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , extra virgin
- 1-2 fresh basil sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt , more to taste
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- Blend all ingredients together until creamy, smooth and warm. If you don’t have a Vitamix, just slightly warm on the stove top after blending.
- Top with some fresh-cut basil & crushed chili pepper. Enjoy!