This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta is creamy, buttery and cheesy. It’s filled with nutrition, heart-healthy fats & it takes less than 20 minutes to make, too.
This Avocado Pesto Pasta is loaded with nutrition, so you can feel good about eating it. You’ll be getting a dose of healthy fat, protein, vitamin E, magnesium, iron, zinc and the list goes on. You’ve gotta love that!
I’ve always loved the flavorful taste of pesto sauce. It has a creamy, buttery texture with a slight tang to it. It’s such a versatile sauce and it can be used for a variety of dishes. It has a classic flavor that satisfies most taste buds.
Traditional pesto calls for cheese, but that can easily be switched to something much healthier. The avocado and nutritional yeast will give it the creamy & cheesy flavor that we love about pesto. The lemon will add that extra zing, too. You won’t miss anything!
I used organic, gluten-free pasta, but you can use any pasta you like. Also, you can make it even healthier, by making raw zucchini pasta. I have this fun contraption in our kitchen. It makes your plain zucchini into delicious zoodles! I will share something I made with it, soon. Paderno World Cuisine Spiral Vegetable Slicer
Creamy Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta
- 16 oz package of pasta (gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 ripe avocados , pitted
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk , unsweetened
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt (or preferred salt), more to taste
- Fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water with salt. Follow package instructions for cook time
- In the meantime, add all other ingredients into a food processor. Let it run until pesto is creamy and smooth. Scrape down sides, as needed
- Once pasta is fully cooked, drain the water and place back in pot. Add the pesto sauce and combine well. Serve immediately
- Top with fresh tomatoes, a few sprigs of fresh basil and crushed red pepper
If you make this Avocado Pesto Pasta, or one of my other recipes, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. It would really make my day. You can also follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me, Just tag me @veganhuggs and hashtag #veganhuggs.
If you love this recipe, you also might like this Eggplant Rollatini. It’s a vegan version of the Italian classic. It’s savory & delicious!