I don’t know about you guys, but my skin gets a little dry during the colder months. I need to use a richer lotion and I exfoliate my entire body more often. I really like making my own body scrubs. They are easy to make, work excellent and smell divine! Also, they are made with pure ingredients from my kitchen. No nasty stuff!
Exfoliating keeps the skin refreshed and soft by removing dead skin cells. In turn, this will speed up the skin renewal process. As we get older, the renewal process slows down and the skin can look dull and dry. When you remove dead skin cells, you will have healthier skin cells to take their place. Also, exfoliating will help prepare your skin for moisturizing lotion by helping it absorb better. Hello baby skin!
I love the warm scents of fall and I love silky smooth skin. So, it made sense to make a Pumpkin Spice Latte Sugar Scrub! Doesn’t that sound delicious enough to eat? I haven’t tasted it, but I’ve been tempted, because it smells incredible! It has the perfect hint of pumpkin spice and fresh coffee. I’m already waking up just thinking about it. This scrub leaves my skin so soft and my shower smelling like a gourmet coffee shop.
If you have sensitive skin, you don’t need to exfoliate more than twice a month. Otherwise, you can exfoliate your body twice a week. I haven’t used this scrub on my face, because my facial skin is very sensitive. I will be posting a facial scrub recipe soon.
This deliciously smelling body scrub makes a great gift, too. You can put it in a cute jar with some ribbon and a homemade tag. There’s just something about a handmade gift that makes everyone get the fuzzies inside.
Let’s do this!
Yields 16 oz
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and combine well
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients
- Add to the dry ingredients and combine well
- Take a sniff and see if you would like to add more pumpkin spice, coffee or vanilla.
- Store in airtight container.
* The vitamin E oil helps preserve the scrub ingredients. It's not needed, but it will help the scrub last longer. If you have vitamin E gel caps, just break a few open and add to the scrub.
Body scrubs can make your tub a little slippery. Make sure to wipe down tub, after use.
Scrub will last about 2-3 months.